Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summer Days...

Well, it's been a while since we've posted an entry to this page. But, we did warn you that it would be sporadic. So, anyway, we've been quite busy the past few weeks. Chris returned home from a mission trip to Mexico with the teenagers and then turned around and went to Atlanta for a night with the teens for an end of summer trip to Stone Mountain and Six Flags. The schools are now back in session here in Athens, so the hectic youth ministry summer is starting to slow down a little. We might actually see each other over the next few weeks. I am in the process of finishing up my current job. I have one more week and then I'm going to take a week off and start a new job. I have been working in pediatric physical therapy and driving all over the place (sometimes over 100 miles a day) to work with kids in various parts of our county and 3 others. In July, I was given the opportunity to work for Encore Rehab in Athens with only a 5-10 minute commute. I will work 4 days a week until the baby comes and get to stay in one place all day. I'm looking forward to the change. However, it will be weird because all of the sudden I'll be working with teenagers (mostly high school athletes) and adults. As for my pregnancy, everything is going good except for the fact that I still get sick at least once a day. Everyone told me it would stop when I hit the second trimester, but I've now been in the 2nd trimester for a week and a half and no such luck. But in general I feel better most of the time.
As for Murphy, he's bored!
In case you haven't heard or aren't lucky enough to live in a part of the country that has been affected, it's been HOT! He spends most of the day in a hole that he has dug right by the house to stay cool. Today he got a treat and got to come inside in the middle of the afternoon since we were both home. He was loving it. As you can see from the pictures, he loves hanging out with his daddy but he hates it when we try to get a family photo. It never quite works out like we would want it to. But, maybe just maybe one day we'll get the perfect picture. We thought this one was pretty hilarious though. That's all for now. We'll write again eventually...

No comments: