Sunday, April 08, 2007

The "Grand" Tour

Last week was quite a busy one for us. We left on Sunday (April Fools Day) from Athens and headed to Murphy, NC to Grandma and Grandpa's house. When we arrived, Jack's grandma had invited several people over from the church in Murphy. So, he got to meet a lot of them! He also got to get some good cuddle time with grandpa whose arm is much better. I think he was glad he got to hold him on this visit. We didn't stay long! Monday morning we hit the road again and headed to Greensboro, NC so Jack could meet his great granddaddy Kirby. Jack has now officially met his 4 living great grandparents so that's pretty cool. Granddaddy enjoyed meeting Jack. In his words, "you should keep that one, he's a good one." So, in case any of you were wondering we are planning on keeping Jack around now that we have granddaddy's approval! Ha! Tuesday morning before leaving Greensboro we took him to visit Grandma Lucy at her new assisted living place which was very nice. Then, we were off again. This time we headed to Knoxville to visit Gram and Grandaddy. As soon as we got there, we left Jack with Gram and Grandaddy to babysit while we went out with Steve and Heather. Steve was one of Chris's college roommates (a.k.a. one of the bubbas). It was pretty strange going out to eat without Jack, but we had a good time and so did Jack because he got to be spoiled. Wednesday morning Chris left to go back home to Athens and I stayed in Knoxville for another couple of days. While in Knoxville, Jack got to go to Parkway Church of Christ and meet lots of new people. We were actually late to church on Wed. night so he got to make a grand entrance. It was really neat and kind of strange for me to introduce Jack to people who remember me when I was a baby. Friday morning (much to my parents dismay) we headed back toward Athens. My mom and dad drove me to South Pittsburg, TN where my nana lives and then I was on my own with Jack the rest of the way. We had to stop in Chattanooga on the way too so he could see his great Aunt Carol and Uncle Paul and Memaw. All in all we had a great trip. Jack continues to love his car seat with one exception. The last 30 minutes of the trip (when I was by myself with him), he screamed non-stop. I pulled over in a parking lot to try to console him but once he was back in his seat the screaming started again. That was the most helpless feeling in the world. Once we got home, Chris was glad to see us but I was really glad to see him after the 30 minute screaming episode. We are glad to say that Jack has recovered and as of today with our trips to church, he still likes his car seat. I'm now nervous because tomorrow morning is Jack's 2 month check up where he's going to get his first round of shots. You can look for another update this week when I get a chance.

No comments: