Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween, part 1

Alright, so the last few weeks there has been lots to blog about. However, there has been no time to blog. Oops! Just be happy that it's only 1 day after halloween and I'm blogging about it now! Jack got this pumpkin pacifier as a gift from our neighbors. Just thought it was too funny not to show a picture. Ha!Okay so I really love halloween. I don't so much care for dressing up and walking around begging for candy. However, I do think it's a harmless fun holiday for kids to dress up and walk around and get candy. It is really nice in our neighborhood because everyone was out last night and it was just a good fun family evening (I'll get to last night in a minute). But, I think the reason I like halloween so much is because it comes in the fall and I just really like fall! So, I tend to want to "celebrate" fall/halloween the whole month of October. Yes, I am the mom who had halloween pajamas and shirts for her son and he wore them every time they were clean! A few weeks ago my mom and dad came to Indy for a visit. This was the first time they have been here since we moved here. They really enjoyed coming to one place to see both of their kids and all their grandkids. We pretty much all spent the whole weekend together and mom and dad rotated spending the night at different houses so they could get equal time with all of us. While we were together on Saturday all 3 kids were wearing their orange halloween shirts so we decided to try to get some pictures. Ha! It's definitely funny trying to get them all to even look at one place, especially since Sawyer wasn't feeling very good. Turns out he had an ear infection. Anyway, I especially love the picture where Jack and Sawyer both look like they are about to fall over. By the way, no one actually got hurt trying to do this.This week from Monday to Wednesday Chris and I took a quick trip to Murphy, NC. Chris needed to go for a meeting with the men at the church there about summer mission opportunities in Murphy. Chris along with several other youth ministers are trying to organize some big stuff for there this summer. So, Jack and I decided to clear our busy social calendar and go with him. This was a LONG trip. You're probably thinking it was long because of Jack, but it wasn't. He did great! He slept in the car and played and slept some more and talked and slept. So, he was pretty much in a great mood the whole time. On Monday we left Indy at 6:30 and got to Knoxville about 12:30 where we had lunch with my parents and hung out with them. Then, we headed to Murphy around 3 and arrived in time for dinner. Tuesday Chris's parents were gone all day, so we had some time to ourselves as a family. We hung out at the house in the morning and then went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in Murphy, the No Name Deli. After that.....we walked around "downtown" shopping in the little shops and of course making an ice cream stop. We then drove out to the folk school just outside of Murphy. It's a pretty interesting place........people come there to learn all kinds of crafts like pottery, jewelry making, weaving, wood working, etc. We got these great "fall" pictures of Jack while we were there. He really thought the big pumpkin was very cool.Wednesday we left around 7 in the morning and what was supposed to be an 8 hour drive turned into a 12 hour drive because of construction and us taking a detour through the country roads of Kentucky and Indiana. We had intended to get home in time to clean up and take Jack to our neighbors' houses to trick or treat and then make it to church by 7. We didn't get home until 7:30. So, needless to say....we didn't make church. Instead we went next door and hung out with our neighbors and handed out some candy and crashed for the night around midnight. Why midnight? Jack had slept all day in the car and he did NOT want to go to sleep again. Oh well. Hopefully he will recover today. I'm going to do another post with pictures of Jack in his costume and at the church's fall festival. This one has gotten kind of long.

No comments: