This past weekend, we went on a retreat with our teenagers from church to Trafalgar, Indiana. The whole weekend was wonderful! The theme of the weekend was "simplify" and I think I got just as much, if not more out of it than the teens. We had an amazing speaker (my husband) and an awesome worship leader (my brother)! I was proud of my guys! I was also proud of my little guy and the way he acted all weekend despite having to go to the doctor Friday before we left because his ears were still bothering him. Thankfully, he is much better now! Before we went on the retreat, I really debated back and forth about taking Jack. But, I finally came to the conclusion that it wasn't that far from home and if we needed to come home, we could. Chris being a youth minister is a part of who our family is and it's great to be able to enjoy certain things as a family, despite a few minor inconveniences. Besides that, our teenagers LOVE Jack. And, I love being around the teenagers and getting to build relationships with them. I got to lead a small group during the retreat while one of our other adults played with Jack. The adults who went on the trip also made it very easy for me to be there! Words really cannot express my gratitude and appreciation for such a loving group of people!
This funny group shot kind of gives you an idea about what Jack's whole weekend was like. Every time he turned around, there was another person trying to make him laugh or entertain him in some way! I'm pretty sure Jack can name everyone in this picture without even thinking.

The teens enjoyed using Jack as a part of their skits and videos during the weekend. He had to wear this shirt to be in one of the videos even though it was WAY too big!

This "costume" was not a part of a skit or video and the teens did not do this to him. He did it himself!

Football was a huge part of the weekend.

And, I had to get some pictures of Jack playing in the leaves! They were everywhere! It was great fun to roll around in them and kick the leaves!


One more note.....in an effort to "simplify" my life, I'm going to take a blogging break for the rest of November. But, you can look for more to come in December!!! So, hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving! I know we sure do have lots to be thankful for!
1 comment:
What is your aunt's name? I tutor elementary students and have one 4th grader right now. His teacher's name is escaping me right now but I would recognize it. It's a great school and tutoring there is a complete blessing-it works out so well!
Post a Comment