Monday, February 09, 2009

Jack's 2nd Birthday!!

It's so funny to me as I think back on Jack's birthday (it was Saturday). I'm pretty sure our entire day revolved around eating! But, it was fun and we're so thankful we got to celebrate Jack's special day in a somewhat low key manner! We are having his "real" party in a few weeks when we're in Knoxville so that more family can attend the party! So....Saturday was me, Chris, and Jack for the most part with a few hours with Uncle Brian, Aunt Kym, Addie Grace, and Sawyer at Chuck E Cheese.

Our morning started out with our traditional b-day waffle in the shape of your age! Our little piggy definitely ate more than this! But, this was a good start. And, it's a good thing I took this picture before giving it to Jack because I'm pretty sure he ate the waffle before the plate was even on the table in front of him!
After eating, Jack got to open his presents! I thought that those of you who sent presents would appreciate seeing these pictures! Here's Jack showing off his new tractor fork and spoon from the Sharpes. He studied his new book intently! (It's a train book, of course)Uncle Ken and Aunt Victoria sent this great learning book with lots and lots of felt pieces to place with on the book! It was also a huge hit!Here's Toby (another Thomas engine) from mommy and daddy! He also got some additional track and a few more trains for his train table!So, guess what we did after we opened presents? We played train table until it was time to leave for Chuck E Cheese to have lunch with Jack's cousins!!!

My thoughts on Chuck E Cheese: 1) It's definitely a great place to be a kid. 2) It's an overwhelming place to be an adult. 3) The pizza actually isn't that bad. 4) When you have a coupon, you can get a pretty good deal on pizza, drinks, and tokens. 5) Try to avoid going there on Saturday. 6) We had a lot of fun but it's definitely a "special occasion" kind of place for this family!!

Here's Jack telling Chuck E Cheese that he needs to wear his seat belt!Getting some driving lessons from Addie Grace...Playing the classic hit the pop ups with the hammer (only Jack preferred to use his hands)...Ski ball with Sawyer and Jack!We had a blast celebrating Jack on Saturday. Surprisingly he took a very short nap after we got home from Chuck E Cheese and then we were ready for dinner and birthday cake!!! Jack's cake was just a cookie cake since he'll get a "real" cake at his "real" party! But, he had a blast blowing out candles all by himself and eating cookie! Then, Sunday morning he came downstairs for breakfast and said, "Happy Birthday for breakfast" while he was pointing at the cookie cake on the counter! I quickly informed him that "Happy Birthday cookie" was NOT breakfast food! And, it was back to the normal oatmeal for breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Jack sure is one lucky kid! The kids and I aren't going to make it to Winterfest (I thought about it, but it was just too overwhelming:)). So unfortunately, we won't make the Knoxville party. Though, I am totally sure that Jack will have an amazing time without us!:)