Saturday, May 23, 2009

Car Seat Safety

Car seats are something that I am VERY serious about. It is something I take very seriously and I did not flinch one bit when we bought Jack's car seat that he is currently in for the reason that he can stay in the 5-point safety harness until he is 65 pounds. I guess the reason I feel so strongly about car seat safety is because I work at a children's hospital and work with children following car accidents and I see what can happen. I will do whatever it takes to make sure I am keeping my child as safe as possible in his car seat. I do have one regret.....that I followed the "old" recommendation of turning Jack's car seat forward facing when he turned one instead of leaving him rear facing as long as the seat's weight limit allowed. Now, he has exceeded the weight limit but I will definitely keep any future children rear facing as long as I possibly can.

If you have any kids who ride in your car in a car seat or booster seat.......please just take a minute to read this blog that puts a lot of information in one place. Scroll to the bottom of this post to start the article and then there will be another link to finish it. Lots of info but it's very good.

We've got to protect our babies!!!

No comments: