Monday, June 29, 2009

Day Out with Thomas

Ever since I heard about this event (several years ago) I knew that one day I would hopefully have a kid and we would do this seeing as how Chris shares his dad's love of trains. I figured it would just be something that would be passed on to our child. And, I was right. I cannot convey to you how obsessed Jack is with trains. He knows the differences in steam trains and diesel engines and different kinds of freight cars and a caboose. So, when our friends John and Melody asked us if we wanted to go with them to see Thomas, we said sure! It was slightly crazy because Thomas was here for 2 weekends only and there was only about half of a day in one of those weekends that we could go. But, we decided it would be worth it because we felt like this was such a fun age for Jack to enjoy something like this. So, we trekked over to Connersville, IN for the afternoon and we were not disappointed.

Jack and his buddy, Joshua waiting on Thomas to pull into the station.

Daddy and Jack watching Thomas pull into the station to pick us up.On the train:Jack with his Junior Engineer certificate:


This little man is just too cool... Playing outside at the train museum in Connersville:

This was such a fun afternoon. After all the festivities and excitement we drove for what seemed like forever to head home. Apparently, right now there is no good way to get into or out of Connersville because of several detours. But, we enjoyed a great dinner with our friends and Jack sure did sleep good that night! And, ever since last Saturday Jack has been asking when Thomas was going to come all the way from the Island of Sodor to pick us up again.

2 comments:

kentbrantly said...

How cool! I bet when Jack is a teenager he will still be talking about the time he got to see the real Thomas and how cool it was.
Miss you guys.

Taiwan Trekking said...

What a fun memory!