Saturday, June 13, 2009

Free Family Night = Fun

Today I had to work one of my very occasional Saturdays. Fortunately I was able to be home by a little after 3. Chris had the great idea to head down to the Indianapolis canal for our nightly walk. So, we packed a picnic dinner and loaded up the jeep to head downtown. To our dismay, the minor league baseball team had a game tonight so the place where we usually park for $2 was really going to cost $5. Not terrible but we knew we could do better (and I had only grabbed $2 worth of change before we left the house). So, we drove to the other end of the canal and parked in the parking lot of one of my hospitals' administration buildings for free!

Shortly after we began our walk we stopped to eat per Jack's request and watched the mommy duck swimming in the canal with her tiny babies. Thankfully after we ate Jack didn't mind being the subject of my photos:
He found a bunch of rocks and told me he was going to carry two of them for the whole walk. He dropped them only about 2 minutes later. I guess they didn't really do anything and he got bored but he sure was excited about them here:Here is Jack in front of the NCAA Hall of Fame which is along the canal walk. He liked this little statue (cautiously). Jack is starting to get into the whole "monster" thing but he informed us that THIS was a nice monster. Whew!And, of course Jack didn't want to ride in the stroller the ENTIRE time. We let him push for a few minutes but then it started to rain so we put him back in and got in our power walk back to the car. It never poured so we really didn't get that wet. It was pretty fun!I just love simple nights like this!!! Hope your Saturday was a good one too!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Jilly, I have never commented before but that new picture at the top just made me stop and stare for a while... Jack is the perfect combo of you and Christopher G, I cannot tell who he looks more like! What a cutie pie, I can feel the joy he brings to your life whenever I read your posts! :) ~*~Molly (McKee) Martin~*~

kentbrantly said...

What a great evening! We spent our Saturday afternoon broken down on the side of I-20 in the 100 degree heat with no shade in sight... Thankfully, God is gracious, and someone we know stopped to help us after about 15 minutes, so Amber and little Ruby got out of the heat. I, of course, got to stay with the car and wait for the tow truck to arrive. Man was it hot!
But I'm glad you all had such a lovely Family Night. Wish we could walk around the canal with you guys. :)

Jill said...

Kent, you can walk around the canal with us.......just come HOME!!!! O-kay, we'll just wait patiently until you have a chance to visit!