Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Parade!

On the fourth, we took Jack to his first parade! I can't believe he is 2 years old and this was the first parade he's been to, but it was definitely fun so I'm glad we went! We were at my parents' house in Knoxville and mom and dad's church was participating in the Farragut town parade. This is the part of Knoxville where I grew up so it was fun to see all the different local groups participating and hear my old high school band playing our "theme song." Of course, the only people I still knew were from my parents' church but it was still really fun!

A big hit for Jack was right from the start when the helicopters started flying overhead. It was crazy when the thing stopped right over our heads and started blowing the wind like crazy! After he left, Chris and my dad had to fun to collect several of our things that had been blown away including our quilt and chair carriers.
Just look at the pure joy on this boy's face....Here was another highlight......hugging Mickey Mouse! Who knew that you didn't have to go to Disney World to let your kid meet Mickey? Jack was on cloud 9 after this moment!
Here's Granddaddy enjoying a gorgeous day!
And, here's Gram waving the flag (Jack also enjoyed waving his flag).
And, here we are sporting our sun shades.
After the parade we headed back to my parents' house for a cookout with a lot of my family (cousins and all). Jack had a blast playing with all the kids and there really are lots of good pictures from the afternoon. But, to be honest, I'm tired and don't feel like posting them right now. So, just believe me that we had fun and Jack became a master at using the sprinkler to get himself and everyone around him soaking wet (even if you didn't want to get drenched)! Fun memories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure do miss you guys!