So, I'm a little bit behind on blogging the New Year in, but we've been a little busy. Chris and I just got home from St. Louis. We were there all week for the youth ministers' conference. It was a great conference and I really learned a lot and am so thankful that I got to have that time with Chris while Jack was very well taken care of by my mom!
On New Years Eve, we went out to eat and then came back home to quietly celebrate the New Year. We enjoyed playing our new Wii! I'm posting a video here of Jack playing the penguin slide game on the Wii fit.......his laugh just cracks me up every time!!!
After Jack went to bed, Chris and I spent time reflecting on the last year and decade and talking about our hopes and dreams for the next year and the next 10 years. It's amazing how much can happen in 10 years. I very much enjoyed my time with Chris. It's pretty rare that we don't have anything going on over New Years, so I was very happy for this year! Then, we spent New Years Day at home. I did sneak out to go to the gym and run..........hey, it's a new year, right!!
As I reflect on the last decade, here is what I did:
Had 3 surgeries (ACL repair and 2 different gallbladder surgeries) all in one summer
Became best friends with the man of my dreams
Spent 3 months in Florence, Italy
Dated the man of my dreams
Graduated from Harding
Lived in Greenville, KY for 3 months and worked as a waitress (something I will NEVER do again)
Married the man of my dreams
Bought our first house in Athens, AL
Earned my doctorate degree from Belmont University
Had the baby of my dreams
Moved to Indianapolis, IN
Bought our second house in IN
Had 3 different jobs as a Physical Therapist
Opened my own business
And, the list goes on and on. Chris and I both each lived in 6 different places in the last decade (some of those were for short times). I guess as I look back on the last decade it was a decade of transition. My transition from adolescence to adulthood. Wow.....
Wonder what the next 10 years holds.
9 years ago



1 comment:
I went to write you an email right now, and low and behold! I don't have your email address! That's embarrassing. So. Can I have it? You can send it to me at amberjoyc(at)yahoo(dot)com. I want to ask you about crawling and walking.
Miss you guys! Jack is soo handsome!
Post a Comment