Monday, March 15, 2010

Grandaddy Kirby

This is my project life week 10 post. Last week is still kind of a blur for me. On Sunday night we got that late night phone call that you never like to get. Chris's grandaddy had passed away. He would have been 92 last Friday. My words cannot adequately describe this amazing man of God. One thing sticks out in my mind that the preacher from his church said and that is, "he was an ordinary man who because extraordinary because of Jesus." Wow....I don't really know that I could say it better than that. My sister-in-law, Kim, wrote a great tribute on her blog. If you want to read it you can go here. Grandaddy was our last living grandfather between us. Both of my biological grandfathers died before I really knew them. And, I had a step-grandfather who passed away several years ago. So, Grandaddy was it. I had adopted him as my own and I firmly believe that he considered me one of his own too. Chris was also really close to his grandaddy. I always looked forward to our visits (even if I did have to listen to the same story over and over again). Here we are with Grandaddy when I was about 6 months pregnant with Jack.He will be greatly missed but we know that he is no longer suffering and he is with God living out eternity in His presence.

So, last week we all descended on Greensboro to spend time together as a family and to celebrate Grandaddy's life! Monday was very hectic for us getting out of town, but we finally did and then made it to Greensboro on Tuesday early in the afternoon. We were so thankful to our friends the Thomas's who allowed us to crash at their place Monday night along the way. Jack was ecstatic to see his cousin, Luke! We are finding out more and more that these 2 are definitely 2 peas in a pod. It appears that they love each other as much as their daddy's love each other!!!We also enjoyed seeing our nieces and having playtime with them.
Anna getting lots of attention from Papa and her daddy:My only complaint on the trip is Jack's lack of good sleep. He finally calmed down about halfway through the trip and was an angel on the way home. But, I think us leaving in such a hurry on Monday really threw him off! Not to mention the fact that before we could leave town on Monday we had to take him to the doctor because we believed he had another ear infection, and we were right! Yuck! He got tubes in his ears a year ago on January and they have fallen out and we're back to infection. Yuck!

But, it didn't seem to affect him for long!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. But I'm glad you could all celebrate Grandaddy's life with family. And what a cool video of the boys. Boys! There's just nothing quite like 'em.