This is Project LIFE Week 37
Last week was great! It was perfect! It was exactly what we needed for our family. We were so blessed to get to go to my parents' friend's condo in Destin (where we've been before) and we were happy to have my parents along as well. They provided some free babysitting and even a couple of mornings where we got to sleep in a little! I have a lot of pictures so it's hard to pick just a few for the blog and for my project life album but I just want to share a few highlights here! If you want to see more you can check out my facebook album
here.
A few highlights:
Playing in the ocean - Jack LOVED it this year! He LOVED the waves crashing over him! He even attempted (unsuccessfully) to use his boogie board.



Playing in the sand - Jack and Chris had fun building a sand castle together. Jack also really enjoyed just dumping sand in and out of his bucket. Seriously, this entertained him for hours.

The pool - Jack has definitely been more timid around the pool this summer than last. It's like all of the sudden he developed fear. He is not afraid of water at all - he will go under without problems and blow bubbles in the bathtub all day long. But, the big pool = intimidating. He will play in the kiddie pool all day long where his feet can touch bottom. We've been to our neighborhood pool several times this summer to warm him up to the idea of the big pool and it paid off (kinda). Our first night at the beach, we bought him a small inner tube thinking he would prefer that over water wings. He REFUSES to wear water wings. And, he really really liked his tube......in the kiddie pool. The kiddie pool was more like 2-2.5 feet deep and he would float in his tube in that pool with his feet not touching the bottom. But, he would NOT use the tube in the big pool. Go figure. In the big pool, he just prefers to play on the steps or be held. When we are holding him he will use his arms and legs to "swim" but he is not convinced that he can do that without us. On the very last day we were there......he got brave enough to jump in the pool to us. I guess it helped having ice cream as a motivation :-) Does that make us bad parents? Probably.....but we got to go out for ice cream that night and Jack conquered one of his fears. This picture is his very first jump in!!!

Putt-Putt - a big highlight for me this year because I.beat.Chris. Yep....I did it! That's only happened one other time in history so it's always a big deal to me. And, little Jack.....he got TWO holes in one. Seriously.....I'm thinking we need to get this kid some golf lessons!

I only beat him by one stroke and I didn't beat my dad and I tied my mom......but I still think I'm a winner!

This is me celebrating my victory!

Random picture at the outdoor playground at the mall.....but I just thought it was funny:

On our way home we spent 2 nights in Alabama.....one with Grandma Dottie and the other with our friends in Athens where we went to the Friday night football game and saw a ton of people from when we used to live there. It's always great to visit with family and friends. Here are Jack and Grandma Dottie sharing a sweet moment...

And now we're happy to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment