Sunday, November 14, 2010

Family Hayride

Project LIFE Week 46........

Last Sunday night was our annual youth group family hayride at the McKee's farm. I love going out to their place each year to roast hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire (but oops.....no one remembered marshmallows this year), enjoy their horses, fellowship, sing around the campfire, go on a nice hayride away from city lights, and just enjoy watching Jack enjoy himself! There are starting to be more kids in our youth group with younger siblings so Jack had more "playmates" this year which was very fun.

Jack and his buddy, Kent:The kids pretending to be Superman while sliding:Pausing for a sweet picture:And, then a couple of crazy ones:Jack and Daddy getting ready for the hayride (I opted to sit around the fire this year and skip out on the ride....)What a great night!

One more thing I have to share from this week:Jack came home from school Monday so excited to show me his picture of what he wants to be when he grows up. It's a construction worker and he said that he used brown only because construction workers deal with dirt! The bottom right of the picture shows his rocks while the top right is his attempt to write his name. I must say I was a little impressed because to this point.....Jack has not been very interested in drawing anything. He just is not the kid who wants to sit down and color or draw. But, I guess when your preschool teacher asks you to do something.....you do it :-) So, I like this picture mainly because it's his first one that you can really see a whole lot in!!

Also, this is just for my own memory......Jack is getting quite a few history lessons in preschool.
1. Last weekend Jack said, "hey mom.....you know that lady?"
Me: "What lady?"
Jack: "the one who stands in the water and when people cross the ocean she says.....WELCOME TO AMERICA!"
Me: "The statue of liberty?"
Jack: "Yep....can we go to New York and see her?"

2. At the dinner table on Tuesday night Jack seriously recounted the whole story of Benjamin Franklin and how he flew his kite with a key on the end and discovered electricity. Only Jack called it elestricity. But, usually when you ask Jack about Benjamin Franklin he will say, "he's dead.....he grew and grew and grew and then he died." You have to prompt him further to get to the part about the kite.

3. Jack: "Hey mom.....did you know that Betsy Ross made the first flag ever? Isn't that cool?"

No comments: