And....her name is Tatum Elizabeth Kirby!!!


She was born Friday Dec. 17 at 6:45 pm. She was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long. We are all so in love!

The name Tatum means "cheerful." And, I must say (although unexpected before Christmas) she is my Christmas cheer this year!!!! I am so happy to be home with my family of 4!
Just after she was born, Jack came in to meet her!

He was so excited (for a few minutes)!

But, it was really close to his bedtime and he had not had a nap all day. He quickly perked up when Tatum gave him an early Christmas present......his very own camera to take her picture with! And, it really helped that the camera had some games on it!


The next day when he came back to the hospital he was in a much improved mood.

Saturday night we checked out of the hospital and came home! Here's Tatum all ready to enter the cold Indiana night:

When we got home we had to have family introductions including Murphy of course. Murphy doesn't seem to be in as much shock as he was with Jack. He is already very protective and gentle around Tatum. I guess it helps that he has been through this before.

Jack really loves holding his baby sister. He kisses her and talks to her every chance he gets and then runs off to play with his toys.

As for Tatum....she sleeps a lot!

When she is awake she just looks around and takes it all in. We are enjoying having Gram and Grandaddy here with us this week. And, Gigi and Papa came for a quick visit last night too! Everyone "fights" for chances to hold her.
Monday she also got to meet her cousin, Landry. Landry was born just 4 days before Tatum. My parents were here for his birth and went home on Wednesday only to turn around Thursday night and drive back! Aren't they sweet?

And, one final picture.....

I am beyond thrilled with the opportunity to stay inside for a while!!!!
2 comments:
Many congratulations, Jill! I can't wait to meet Tatum and introduce her to her future husband, Stephen! ;) See you next week.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and excited for your early Christmas present. I was born on the 15th and there is a picture of me under the Christmas tree! December birthdays are the best!
Post a Comment