- We were blessed to be able to take a mission trip to Africa in February (but it cost money).
- Our back door failed us and we had rotten wood under the door and kitchen floor causing us to need to replace both the door and the floor.
- We discovered that we did NOT have maternity coverage on our insurance (I have blogged about this before).
- In September our health insurance premiums went up $150/month (that is a huge chunk of a monthly budget).
- The night we went into the hospital to have Tatum, our garage door opener motor failed us causing us to have to buy a new garage door opener. And, if you don't think this is a necessity.........try living here with temperatures in the 20's or below for most of December.
- We discovered last week that we are going to owe a lot more taxes for 2010 than originally thought.
- Today we found out how much it's going to cost to replace the oil pan on Chris's car.....it really needs it AND it's quite a bit more than we thought it would be.
- We also discovered today that there is a screw in a tire on my car and it's leaking air and it cannot be patched because of it's location............so we must purchase 2 new tires today.
- On top of these extra expenses (many of which have just come in December).........I am not working currently to help out. Yes, we had saved.......but we had saved for us to survive maternity leave......not have extra expenses.
And, even though it has not been a year of what one would consider peace.......I have peace. It's unexplainable. It's undeniable. It's in my heart. I have peace. God is good. God is gracious. Actually, God is AWESOME. Thank you, God for peace. Please fill us with more peace and less struggle in 2011.
One more thing.....maybe.....just maybe......THIS is why I have so much peace in my heart....
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
My resolution for 2011..........to walk closer to God as I LIVE in Christ Jesus.
There are a few extras on top of that like the usual...........lose weight, etc.....but that's my big one and I have specifics that include Chris and I reading the Bible together this year and a few other things. It's scary and exciting to see where God will take us this year. I'm ready for a new journey.............So long 2010!
Happy New Year!



1 comment:
Love you and hope that God does grant you amazing peace this year. Congratulations on your new little beauty!
Post a Comment