Lori was able to have her chemo on Monday at 20% less than her normal dose and it worked! She is not experiencing her terrible peripheral neuropathy this week as she has had in past weeks. Her doctor thinks she will be able to get all 8 chemo sessions! Thanks for your prayers! Please continue to pray for my sweet friend.
Every night at our house we all answer 4 questions as we are putting Jack to bed.
1) What made you happy today?
2) What made you sad today?
3) What made you mad today?
4) What make you laugh and giggle today? (Jack just added this one recently)
Usually we answer the questions and that's the end of it. Well, several months ago I told Jack that I was sad because my friend, Lori (who I work with) had just been diagnosed with Cancer. I also told him that I was happy because we had just surprised her with a new wig to wear! So, as you can imagine - I then had to explain all about Chemo and how it makes you very sick and you lose your hair, etc.... Well, my little prayer warrior just really caught on to seriously praying for Ms. Lori. He has not missed one opportunity to pray for her. He prays for her at dinner and at night before he goes to bed. His prayer is very simple. He prays, "Dear God, please let Ms. Lori not be in any more pain!" He will change it up a little bit based on what I tell him. He usually asks me each night if she is still sick and he usually tells me that he wants a full report about Ms. Lori when I get home from work. Seriously - it's the sweetest thing ever!
There was one little snag - he had never met Ms. Lori that he remembered. I think he met her once when he was 2. So, he had been begging me to take him to meet her! Lori has been quite sick with her chemo (more on that in a minute) but this last week when I went to work on Thursday she was feeling pretty great! I decided that Friday would be the perfect day to arrange a "meeting" between Jack and Lori. So, we called her at work that morning and asked her if we could take her to lunch. We picked her up and went to lunch and it was just great! Lori told Jack how much she appreciated him being "her prayer warrior!" He was so happy! He talked to her and asked her a ton of questions about her kids and her family but never one time did he ask her about being sick. She did take her hat off for him so he could see her bald head and he was just awesome about it. He told her she kind of looked like a boy - but she was a very pretty boy! He was a little bit shy but since Friday he has been praying for Lori with even more detail. I'm just so proud of him. I'm so proud of his spirit and his tenderness and his persistence.
Now, I want to ask you to join us in praying for Lori. Tomorrow is what is most likely going to be her last chemo treatment. She was supposed to have 8 treatments but looks like she is only going to get 7 due to many complications that she has had. Basically, if you can have a really bad side effect from chemo aside from the normal ones - she has had it. She had a DVT (blood clot in her leg). She has had MAJOR pain from peripheral neuropathy. It's just been really rough. She is supposed to have her reconstruction surgery on Dec. 13 and that can only happen if she is cleared this week from her blood clot. And, she will need to recover from her chemo and be pretty strong going into surgery. There are just so many factors that I cannot do justice with my words. Please pray for complete healing and that Lori will have all the chemo she needs to completely kill the cancer in her body so that it does not return. The chances of her type of cancer returning within 5 years are kind of high. So, we are praying for complete healing and perfect timing with all her treatments. Please join us in prayer!



2 comments:
What a sweet little guy! Sending prayers for Ms. Lori.
Thanks, Debbie!!
Post a Comment