Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Disney World: Day 4 (the last day)

Our fourth and final day! This was another great day of such a great trip! We are sad that it's over but feel so happy that it happened!

On our last day we started out by heading to Animal Kingdom.
I had never been to Animal Kingdom so I had no idea what to expect. I was blown away. Before we left I took a few pictures in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Jack the Statue....
Jack, the 5th member of the totem pole.....
Before we even made it through the gates at Animal Kingdom we met Timon!! Jack was very excited about this one and had some good quality time with Timon.
Then, we booked it all the way to the back of the park for the safari. There was rain in the forecast for later in the day so we felt like we needed to rush and get the things done we definitely wanted to do. The safari was so much fun! We got pretty close to lots of different animals including rhinos, hippos, giraffes, elephants, warthogs, lions, cheetahs.


It was great!

After we got off the safari we were told by a cast member that the gorillas were really active so we walked down the path to the gorillas and they were indeed putting on a great show.
At one point they got mad at a spectator and after 2 of the males beat their chest at him......this is what we got.....
Hilarious if you ask me. Here are my 2 favorite on-lookers...
After seeing the gorillas Gram and Grandaddy went for a walk with Tatum who was sleeping in the stroller while Chris and I rode the train with Jack to Rafiki's Village. Jack and Chris on the train ride...
It was a fun area with several up close animal encounters. We even met Rafiki!
When we got back from our train ride and met up with my parents it was starting to rain. We decided to eat lunch but had differing opinions about what we wanted. Chris and I headed to the Asia section for some Chinese food which ended up being very mediocre while Gram, Grandaddy, and Jack enjoyed pizza! It rained pretty hard for a while. Thankfully it was time for the live Lion King show. We waited in line and Tatum REFUSED to be covered up by anything to shelter her from the rain - little stinker!


The live Lion King show was AWESOME!
It was such a great way to end our Disney trip. I don't think I can say enough about how impressive this show was so I'm not even going to try. Chris and I had fast passes to ride the Everest roller coaster so my parents and Jack and Tatum headed on back to our hotel to rest and we rode Everest and then headed back too. After some rest time we headed out for our dinner reservation at the Grand Floridian resort. Then, it was off to Downtown Disney so Jack could do his final shopping and spending of his souvenir money.

On our bus ride to Downtown Disney we were on a very full bus. Jack made 2 new friends from the University of Minnesota Dance Team. He eased his way into sharing a seat with them and then had a lengthy conversation with them all the way to Downtown Disney. I was glad it was dark on the bus because I could not stop laughing. The girls (who were very very very nice) asked Jack what he was going to buy at Downtown Disney and he told them he would just have to call them later and tell them. Then, he told one of the girls that she should just call him first. Oh, I think we are in trouble with our little ladies' man!

Downtown Disney was fun! I wished we had more time there. Jack had fun playing in the water and checking out the very cool lego store.
Tatum slept through a lot of our shopping adventure but woke up to play with some legos.



After Downtown Disney it was time to head back to the hotel and get ready for our journey home. We left early the next morning and began our long drive home. Both kids traveled really well. But, by the time we got home we were all kind of sick - yuck! Tatum is recovering from an ear infection. Chris is finally getting his voice back. Jack's cough is starting to go away. And, I'm pretty good - I had some sinus pressure for a couple of days but nothing too bad!

The worst thing about coming home was coming back to cold weather!

No comments: