Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Happy Month

My absence from blogging is not for a lack of things to blog about!  It's simply from a lack of desire to blog about them.  I think that life comes and goes in stages.  I really enjoy this blog and I really enjoying sharing life with you (my 2 or 3 readers)!  I never plan to have a blog with a huge audience - just my friends and family and the occasional person who gets here from another blog.  Who knows?  Maybe one day I'll have a different desire.  Our life has just been so full lately.  I think I really underestimated how much having 2 kids would change life!  It's also been spring which leads to summer which happens to be our busiest time of the year around here with youth ministry and all.  But, tonight - tonight I just want to share some happy times!

Earlier in May.....Gigi and Papa came to visit.  They were actually here Mother's Day weekend and helped us put together a yard sale for our neighborhood yard sale weekend.  We ended up doing pretty well!  Then, on Mother's Day we were so worn out from the day before but still managed to have a good time.  Here we are at the park after our delicious dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse. 
Gigi and Papa left on the Monday after Mother's Day and then Gram and Grandaddy arrived on Tuesday for my birthday!  I worked all day but we were so thankful to have Gram and Grandaddy here to take us out to dinner for my birthday that night!  They stayed until Saturday!  My mom discovered how much Tatum LOVES to help load and unload the dishes...
Jack graduated from Pre-K while they were here...


  It's so hard to believe he will start Kindergarten on July 31st!!!!
 Can you believe this is my baby girl?  She's not exactly a baby anymore!  17 1/2 months...
 We went to a fantastic local park for national lemonade stand day to support one of our favorite entrepreneurs!  He happens to by the Indianapolis winner for best lemonade stand!
It was a big bonus that the park also had a fantastic playground!




 Tatum's first bike ride.....
And....her second bike ride - yes we really did that and it is harder than it looks but made for such a great family night downtown!
Our precious dog just gets more and more lovable each and every year!  He's almost eight years old now!

So, there you have it - a very jumbled blog with a few pictures for you!  I hope you enjoy and I also hope you are living your life to the full!  Our lives are such a precious gift from God and they are to be spent loving others and living each moment for His Glory.  I pray that I am doing that better each and every day as I strive to focus more on my relationship with God and seeking His plans for each of my days!  Blessings to you this week!!

2 comments:

Regena said...

Jill, they are beautiful!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great month! I loved looking at all the pictures; man, the kids have gotten SO big!! And I totally feel ya on the blogging thing. I am so behind on my family blog (besides homeschool posts). On the one hand, I don't want to forget any of this (plus, I have a million pictures). On the other hand, when is there time to write it all down??? I'm still holding out hope that I'll catch up soon. Time will tell...