On Thursday my baby boy turned SIX! Seriously, where does time go? I think birthdays always make me a little sentimental but this one just seems like he is so old. He's definitely a "school aged kid" now! He's grown up so much just in the past year. I cannot imagine our family without him. When I asked Jack what he wanted to do for his birthday this year........he had a very specific request. That request is going to be honored this coming weekend. So, on the actual day of his birthday we just had a quiet yet fun family party! Thursday was a school day, and Jack was excited that he got to wear a birthday crown and sticker all day. His principal even brought him a card and book to his room to wish him a Happy Day (have I mentioned that I love Jack's school?). I picked him up from school and we went straight to piano lessons. Then, when we got home.......the phone calls began....
A special thank you to all our friends and family who called Jack on his special day. He's still not much for talking on the phone too long, but it did make him feel special. He especially enjoyed having face time with Gram and Grandaddy while he opened their card and got a Target gift card to spend! Jack just had to open his presents as soon as he got home. He was upset that he didn't get to open them BEFORE school. Oh well! His big present this year is that he is getting bunk beds! With the addition of another kid to our family in early May - Jack and Tatum are going to share a room for a while. Jack has wanted bunk beds since he knew what bunk beds were.....so.........ta da.........Happy Birthday, Jack!!! Our beds are on order but they haven't come in yet. But, he is excited about getting them.
First he was polite and read his card....
Then, he was very surprised with Just Dance Kids for the Wii. At school, Jack's teacher uses a lot of Just Dance Kids videos with their class during group time to help them burn some energy and work on coordination. Jack loves it, so when I came across the game for the Wii.........I knew it would be a big hit! It provided lots of entertainment for our evening and I'm sure it will provide a lot of future entertainment! Jack even said, "wow....this is good exercise!"Chris and I also decided that we wanted Jack to have The Adventure Bible. He has a regular NIV that was given to him when he was 4 in Bible class but it doesn't have anything extra in it. I like the Adventure Bible because it reads easily (it's the early reader's version) and it has a lot of extra inserts with practical application type stuff. Jack is excited about his new Bible and has declared that he wants to read the whole thing before he turns 7!!! We're working on it already!
Another surprise for Jack was this Batman Cookie Cake! Several weeks ago we were at the mall and he saw this cake and mentioned in passing that he would love to have a cake like that for his birthday! I think he had totally forgotten about it, but he was SO EXCITED that I remembered!!!! He was a little disappointed that he had to wait to eat it until after dinner!
Dinner on Thursday night was Jack's choice. This would definitely not have been my choice for a birthday dinner, but he's six and we hardly ever have hot dogs......he wanted hot dogs, baked beans, broccoli, and tater tots. Healthy? Um....no! Happy kids? Um...yes! After dinner, it was time for the cookie!!!
Tatum even tried to help Jack blow out his candles! I think she was thinking, "come on.....let's hurry this thing up so we can eat!"
Here they are with their messy faces........
Happy Birthday, Jack!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment