Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wow...he did it!

It's so funny to me how predictable questions are when you have a new baby. Without fail, someone always asks, "is he sleeping through the night yet?" Well, I don't want to jinx myself too bad, but I can now say that Jack is sleeping through the night!!! Wahoo!!!!! It all started this past weekend when we were on the Senior High youth retreat. The retreat was actually in Murphy at Chris's parent's "house in the mountains." I thought for sure there was no way Jack was going to sleep good with all those teenagers in the house (our room was directly under the room where all the girls were staying). Well, much to our surprise, this is when he started sleeping some really long stretches. Both Sat. and Sun. night he made it until around 5:30 or 6:00. Granted, he did not go to bed until midnight but we still thought this was pretty good. Sunday night when we got home the pattern wasn't quite the same, so I thought it must have just been a random thing. Well, both Tuesday night and last night (Wed.) Jack slept from around 10:30 until 6:30. What an amazing thing! Just wanted to share our great news! Here are some pictures to enjoy. The last picture was this afternoon. I spent some time really trying to get a good picture of Jack smiling. He loves to smile and "talk" all the time until the camera comes out. When I pull out the camera, it doesn't matter what I do he just wants to stare at the camera as if he is trying to figure it out. Oh well, surely one day he'll learn to smile at the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. so lucky he is sleeping all night! Congrats!!!

Kim said...

Seeing pics of Jack makes me excited to see him again in person! I miss all of you and can't wait to see you at Impact!
Kim