Saturday, June 02, 2007

Chris in Ghana

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on Chris. He left this past Wednesday morning for Ghana (West Africa) to spend 2 1/2 weeks on a mission trip. He went last year for 3 weeks pre-Jack. This time it was much harder for him to leave. It was difficult for me to say good-bye, but it made it even harder when Chris started crying. I'm sure that Jack will change so much while he is gone. But, I know that he is doing such a good thing over there. Anyway, they arrived safely early Thursday morning and spent most of that day gathering supplies and getting settled. Friday they began working and will not stop until it's time to come home! I talked to Chris Friday and here was the funniest story he gave me. He was talking to one of the members at the Bantama Church in Kumasi and here is how the conversation went:

Ghanaian: Chris, why you not move here and work with us?
Chris: I have a wife.
Ghanaian: Bring her with you.
Chris: I have a baby.
Ghanaian: Bring him with you.
Chris: I have a mom and a mother-in-law.
Ghanaian: Ooooo.....leave the baby :)

Thought that was a pretty good one! Hope everyone is doing well! Please keep Chris and the rest of the team in your prayers as they work in Ghana. He is scheduled to arrive home the day before his first Father's Day!

No comments: