There aren't going to be any pictures posted this time because I haven't had the chance to download any to the computer, sorry. We are right in the middle of our big move to Indianapolis so things are just a little bit crazy. Today we are in Indy to close on our house here. We didn't get here until almost 2 in the morning because I had to work yesterday afternoon so we couldn't leave until late. Fortunately, Jack slept just about the whole way. Unfortunately, he was more rested than his mom and dad so he got up at his normal time this morning of 7:00 ready to go. Now, it's 8:30 and he's sound asleep again but I can't go back to sleep........so that's why you're getting this post now!
Just wanted to post to ask our friends to be praying for the Jordan family. Last Thursday night, a little boy from our church who was 7 years old died from a fireworks accident. His name was Paxon. Things have really been a blur since then with the funeral and visitation on Sunday. Paxon was Beth and Shannon's only child and he was such a sweet little red-headed boy. Words cannot express the sorrow that is being felt right now. I have had many emotions in the past few days, but they can probably be summed up with the title of this post.......hold on tight. Each night as I rock Jack to sleep, I am reminded of how precious life is. And, I suppose I've just been holding on a little tighter. When we went through the visitation line on Sunday, Shannon (Paxon's dad) looked at me and said, "I want to tell you something....you love that boy every single day. You always tell him you love him and always mean in. Do not take one single moment for granted because you have no clue when it could all be over on this earth. But, I KNOW where my boy is and I KNOW that he is great in the arms of God." Wow...I'm just holding on tight and enjoying every little moment. Please just be praying for this family, I know they will need it for a long time to come.
9 years ago



2 comments:
I can't even imagine how horrible that would be if something happened to Bonnie. I just want to hug her all the time, you know.....I'll be praying for this family.
Thanks Scarlett!
Post a Comment