Well, yesterday Jack turned 8 months old. Can you believe it? I sure can't! Time is just flying by. We didn't really do anything too special for his birthday. I did make a cake that looked like a pumpkin to share with our friends (see post below), but he wasn't allowed to have any! Oh well! However, today Jack got a big birthday present and it wasn't a good one.......another ear infection! Agh! This is by far the worst one he has had. This morning I was at a Bible study with some women and had to leave early because he became so fussy and I could NOT calm him down. This is really unusual for Jack, so as soon as I got home I got on the phone to find a doctor to see him today. He hasn't been to the pediatrician since we moved here because there was no need until his 9 month well visit. But, today there was a need. So, fortunately we got in with Dr. Smith who was very nice and came highly recommended to us. And, my suspicion was confirmed. He had a full blown ear infection and is now on an antibiotic. Poor guy. He has been very much on edge today, but right now is sleeping pretty good. Since he is asleep I should go on to bed because I'm sure we'll be up a lot tonight.
Anyway, at the doctor we found out he now weighs 22 pounds, 4 ounces. That's my little chunky monkey. I think this picture shows his size off pretty well when you compare him to Aleah who is 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment