Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun in the Hay!

Sunday night we had a hayride with the youth group here and it was so much fun! A good ole fashion night on the farm! We began the afternoon/evening by driving out into the middle of nowhere in Indiana (which isn't too hard) and then watched the Colts/Patriots game in a barn (another thing that shouldn't surprise you in Indiana). At halftime we had a devo and then dinner (hot dogs and smores cooked on the bonfire) and then after the game was over (which was depressing) we had a hayride. It was cold, but none the less we decided Jack really needed to experience his first hayride. So, we covered up in lots of blankets and wouldn't you know that Jack fell asleep in the first minute. I guess he liked the hayride since he was comfortable enough to fall asleep. He woke up at the end when we hit a few rough bumps and he was smiling, so we'll just go on record saying Jack went on his first hayride and he liked it. Too bad he'll never remember it! It's so funny to me that we feel like our child must experience all these things when I know that he is too young to really remember. But, then I think about how it's all about the moment. It's these little moments with Jack that I absolutely love! And, of course I have pictures to document the event. I don't have pictures of the actual hayride, but we got Jack up in the trailer while it was still light and somewhat warm. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

he is sooo cute jill! looks like fun! we really do need to get together the next time you come in it would be so fun to watch them together!!!

Steve and Heather Rowley said...

Adorable! I am so delighed that you were able to spend some time with Steve, but I sure do wish I could have seen the whole Kirby family. Love and JOY! God's richest blessings~ The Rowley Family ;O)