Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Almost made it

I guess that I've always had it in my head that a child should not have their first hair cut until they are one. So, that's always been my plan for Jack. I don't know why...it just has been. It's kind of difficult to tell from most pictures, but lately Jack's hair has gotten really long in back (almost making it look like a mullet). It was really starting to get on my nerves, so I caved. One week and 1 day BEFORE Jack's first birthday, we had his first haircut! We almost made it to one. It's definitely close enough to count. Besides, next week is going to be so busy that I was afraid it wouldn't get done and I wanted it to look nice for his birthday party pictures and so on. Anyway, we went to this place especially for kids called Cookie Cutters. If you ask me, it is nice but a little overpriced for what it is. I made Chris go with us just because I had no clue how Jack would react. So, we met at McAlisters for lunch and then went to get the hair cut. Jack was such a big boy. He got to sit in a dinosaur and he never even cried or showed any fear. The lady was very nice and showed him everything before she touched him. He even let her use the electric clippers around his neck and ears. Amazing!

But now I must say I'm a little sad. I realize that Jack is growing up. He looks so much more like a little boy now! Where did my baby go? As I reflect on the past year, I just can't believe everything that has taken place. I guess that's another post for another day. But, for now...here are the pictures of my little boy! Oh, and by the way......they gave him the balloon when he was finished and to say that he loves it would be an understatement. He played with that thing non-stop all afternoon. Let's just hope he doesn't have a latex allergy!



2 comments:

Greg said...

Wow, you're lucky! Luke acts like getting his haircut is torture of the cruelest kind. He gets SOOOO upset, it's disturbing! I'm glad Jack doesn't take after his cousin in that way.
One thing they have in common, though, is a love for helium balloons. Luke discovered the joys of helium balloons at his first b-day party and hasn't looked back since!

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

o how fun!!! i love the chair they had! great idea!!! his haircut lookes great! he is sooo handsome jill! and he sat so good for his haircut! i wish all the little kids i cut sat that good! happy first birthday jack!!!