Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Aftermath

Well, I guess that by now you know we have recovered from our busy and fun weekend. Chris's parents left Sunday after church and so did my dad, but my mom stayed so she could ride with me today from Indy to Knoxville. Sunday afternoon, I very rapidly got sick. All of the sudden I had a fever and felt terrible. It was so bad when I woke up Monday morning that I couldn't even stand for longer than 2 minutes and I still had a fever. I had to call in sick to work which I absolutely hate to do. But, sometime in the late morning my fever broke and I was able to function for the rest of the day out of bed. Chris took Jack to Brian and Kym's Monday morning (my mom was over there) and I went to get them later Monday afternoon after I felt better. So, Monday night we were supposed to get this major snow storm, but it didn't happen so Tuesday morning I was back to feeling about 90% and there wasn't enough snow to make the roads too bad to go to work. So, I worked Tuesday while Jack hung out with Gram. Then, Tuesday night Chris and I got to go out to eat without Jack which was a strange feeling but very nice. This morning, Jack went in for his 1 year check-up and shots and then we left for Knoxville where we are right now because the youth group is coming on Friday to Gatlinburg for Winterfest. We will join them in Gatlinburg, but didn't want to ride the charter bus with them! Whew....it's been a crazy few days, but we're all doing good and Jack is enjoying the start of his second year! He's getting more and more brave about letting go and trying to take steps. He's saying "mama" and "dada" very distinctly now. He's eating like a little piggy (a few of his favorites are gold fish and black olives). And, he just loves to play play play. He loves playing ball and cars...he is a true boy. We're loving every minute!

Here are his measurements from the doctor's visit today:
Weight: 24 pounds, 5 ounces (75th percentile)
Height: 30 1/2 inches (75th percentile)

1 comment:

Greg said...

Love all the blogs! Jack is so cute, and I'm so glad he had a wonderful birthday. The Valentine's card he sent Luke and Anna was great, by the way! That one's going to have to go in the scrapbook:).