Well, after much anticipation it finally happened. Last Monday, Chris, Jack, and I were in Alabama visiting some friends after our trip to Winterfest and right there in the Watkins' living room, Jack took 5 steps unassisted toward his daddy! His motivation to walk was a cell phone! Ha! The funny thing is that his motivation to crawl was a remote control. What can I say? Our kid loves technology! It has been so fun to watch Jack ever since. Maybe this week I'll have a chance to post some video of him walking (if I can figure out how to do that). He has gotten pretty good at walking - still a little unsteady but he is going further and further. It seems that he wants to walk everywhere, so he usually starts out taking some steps and then realizes he can still crawl faster so he'll drop or fall to the ground and crawl the rest of the way. When I picked him up from the church nursery this morning, it was so cool to see him walk across the room to me for me to pick him up. I could probably write a whole book about all the things I'm learning about my relationship with God now that I have a child but this is one that really sticks out in my mind: God loves to watch me walk to him with my arms up, even if it's not a perfect walk. I know that this may not be the perfect analogy, but this is what I've been reminded of this week. God knows that I struggle walking in this world, but He is always there willing to give me a hand and ready with open arms to pick me up. He just wants me to acknowledge that. He wants me to walk toward Him! I know that Chris and I are going to spend the next several months chasing Jack as he walks away from us which will be frustrating at times, but oh the wonderful feeling when he walks toward us with his arms up high! It gives me just a tiny glimpse of how much God must smile when we turn to him and say, "pick me up...I can't do it on my own!"
Anyway, that's my thought for the day. And, I just wanted everyone to know that Jack is now walking! I'll try to get some video on here, but no promises. Have a great week!
9 years ago



1 comment:
Congrats to Jack! He is one step closer to walking into Fat Mo's to order a huge hamburger. The video is not that complicated as long as you can get it on your computer. It is similar to loading a picture. By the way, we have updated our blog with videos if you would like to check it out. Hope ya'll are doing well. Love you guys.
Post a Comment