Well, as the basketball tournaments are getting into full swing...so are we! I can't believe we're already to March 10! We have kept a busy schedule so far this month and it doesn't really appear to be slowing down much. Jack continues to walk better and better every day! He doesn't really even seem to have the desire to crawl very much anymore.

We're also still working on a few projects around our house to make it "ours." I must say that it's coming along well and we're feeling more and more at home here. Jack is really into "helping" us as much as possible. Unfortunately, he isn't too much help yet. But, hey...at least he tries.

Last week, we traveled to Murphy to Chris's parents house because Chris had a meeting there with other youth ministers about all the mission efforts that are going to happen in Murphy this summer. 4 different groups are going to each spend a week in Murphy helping the church with VBS and various outreach things. It's going to be really cool if you ask me. Anyway, cousin Luke was there so Jack had fun playing with him. We also finally got to meet our new niece, Anna, who is absolutely adorable but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Anna. I have a good explanation: I got sick! Very shortly after this picture of Jack and Luke was taken, I started not feeling good. I went from feeling great to not so great to terrible in the course of 30 minutes. I started throwing up and continued to throw up until 1:00 the next afternoon. Needless to say, I spent the whole time in Murphy in the bed while Jack got to play with his daddy, grandpa, gg, and great grandma. I guess if you're going to get sick that's a good place to get sick. It's pretty much taken me all week to get my appetite back and to feel like I have much energy again. I think I'm better now...

We had about 3 inches of snow over the weekend which was fun and then today it was a little bit warmer so we were able to play outside for a while. Chris and I took Jack to our neighborhood park where we played basketball and played on the slide and swings. Jack's big thing right now is basketball. And, I'm really not exaggerating........he LOVES it. Without any encouragement from us he learned to shoot the ball in the little basketball goal which is in the church nursery. Everyone who has had him in the nursery for the past 2 weeks says that's all he does. If he sees basketball on T.V. he just points and then finds a ball to play with. He found Chris's big basketball in our house and never wants to put it down. It's just really funny to watch because the ball is so big for him. I thought these were some great pictures...



No comments:
Post a Comment