Monday, April 07, 2008

14 months old

It's so hard to believe that today our little man is 14 months old! Time is just flying by. So, I thought I would post some pictures from last night right before bath time and give a little update on Jack's development.

Eating
Jack is a little pig! He is now eating just about everything we are and if he's not eating what we are...he promptly lets us know that he wants to be eating what is on our plate. He likes just about everything but his most favorite food right now is black olives. I know that's pretty random, but he could eat them for every meal if we offered them to him. He also really likes green beans. I put them in front of him thinking that will keep him busy and the next thing I know he's eaten a whole serving without even blinking. Anyway, a few weeks ago he wasn't eating much at all, so he must be going through (sigh) another growth spurt! As you can see from these pictures, his little tummy is chubby.Playing
I think I've mentioned before how much Jack is into playing with balls. That's still very much true. He also loves to play with Murphy and play outside. His favorite thing to do right now is throw any little object he can find down the stairs and watch it bounce. He also gets a huge kick out of putting everything within his reach into the bathtub (at least it's not the toilet). He's also become very interested in reading books. He will sit in the floor for what seems like forever and just look through his books over and over and over again. Then, when he decides he wants you to read it to him, he will come find you and sit in your lap and read. It's very precious.

Sleeping
This is still going really well. Jack takes 1 nap now right after lunch time and usually sleeps about 2 hours. He usually takes a bath at 7:30 or 8 and then goes down for the night. Sometimes we are lucky enough for him to sleep until 8 in the morning, but the trend this week is for him to wake up at 7:15. He always wakes up happy and just plays in his crib until we can pull ourselves out of bed. Playing in his crib just means he throws his blanket and his pacifier and his glow worm out of his crib. Then, when you come in to his room, he just looks at you like, "I don't know how that stuff ended up on the floor."

Physically
Don't know exactly how tall Jack is now, but I know he's getting taller because he sure can reach a lot more things now. He can reach door knobs, but he can't open them yet. He's walking everywhere and sometimes even trying to run. However, he still doesn't really like to walk on grass without a hand. He's outgrowing clothes and shoes, but that's pretty good now that the season is changing. We managed to stay in the same size clothes throughout the fall and winter. I'm now buying clothes in the 18-24 month range for most of his spring/summer clothes.

Personality
Jack continues to be very laid back and fun. He smiles a lot and is very friendly (especially to girls). But, his best buddy right now is Jordan. Jordan is in 7th grade and his mom is the one who keeps Jack when I work. Whenever Jack sees Jordan, he runs to get him. It's really cute to see Jordan and Jack interact. As a matter of fact....it really sounds like Jack is trying to say Jordan.
Talking
Words are still not completely understandable. But, it seems like he says (or attempts to say) something new each day. He's definitely got down daddy and mama. He can say "duck" and "quack quack" and "ba" for ball and "da" for dog and "ca" for a car or "go go" when he sees a car. Today I think he tried to say please as he signed the word please. He signs for milk, more, and please fairly consistently.

So there you have it.....the updates as I could think of them. I hope you weren't too bored. I just wanted to do this more for my memory to look back on later.

We are so blessed with our precious little boy and just continue to thank God for him each and every day. I'm so thankful for his health and life. Mommy and Daddy love you Jackson Robert!



2 comments:

Kim said...

He is TOO cute. I love reading your updates. Oh, btw, I think we're going to cave and start calling Grandma Glenda "GG":). It's becoming clear that my mom is "Gaga," not "Grandma," "Gaga." And he ALSO calls Greg's mom "Gaga," and it has been really confusing since we talk about all Luke's grandparents a lot. So we've tentatively broken out "GG" with him, and he really likes it. So I think we're going in that direction:). It's much easier with the Grandfathers. To Luke, they are Ganddad and Papa.

The Murray Crew said...

Jack is precious! Thanks for sharing him with us! =) It was fun reading how he's growing and comparing it to our boys. =)