...a perfect (and not-so-perfect) day.
Perfect because I had a great date with my son this morning! We spent the morning at the Children's Museum and we definitely picked a good day to go. When we went into the Playscape area (the place for children under 5), Jack was only the 3rd or 4th kid in there. So...he had the run of the whole place. I just put him down and let him go. His first stop was the mats that are set up to crawl all over and then he went to the train table and then the sand area and then the water works area. It was so much fun. Then, we sat downstairs by the windows and watched cars go by as we ate our lunch (it was a little cool to picnic outside). I was going to let Jack go play some more, but he was pretty tired so we headed home. He was asleep before we even got out of the parking garage. Tonight after dinner it was nice enough for us to go on a long walk as a family which was a perfect end to the day.
Not so perfect because of the big checks we had to put in the mail today. Unfortunately, big changes in a tax year do not translate to big returns. Yes, you are probably thinking....they have the child credit now. Yes, we do but apparently when I went back to work part-time, the company I worked for in Alabama decided they didn't need to withhold as much from my check. Also, we changed states and Chris's income went up. So, anyway...it's all behind us now. And the good side is that Alabama owes us $55. It doesn't really make up for much, but we'll be fine. Just annoyed. God always takes care of us and I'm just so thankful for that. It never fails that He always provides just what we need. So, I guess the not-so-perfect part of the day teaches me yet again...a perfect lesson. God is God and He is faithful.
Here's hoping your tax day was a good one!
9 years ago



2 comments:
Our tax day was similar...and the lesson learned was similar, too: God always provides =) I MISS YOU! We need to plan suite reunion '08!
I know we need to plan that reunion...I've been meaning to e-mail you back. I promise I'll get around to it soon.
Post a Comment