Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Daddy Day!!!!

Yesterday was a great day for Jack and I to celebrate Chris and the wonderful daddy that he is!!! We started off the day by giving him a poem that we wrote for him in a frame with a picture of Jack and Chris on the beach.

Daddy, you're the BEST
I would pick you again above all the rest.

I love the way you play with me
and make up songs about everything.


You read me books so very good
and help me do the things I should.


I love to crawl up in your lap

to settle in for big, long naps.


I've learned so much about your ways

because I watch you every day.


I'm so lucky that you are mine

But, I'm running out of words to r
hyme.

So, I don't really mean to brag
But, I just want everyone to know that
I have the BEST dad!

We had Sunday morning worship with a whole bunch of teenagers. We're at Lipscomb right now for Impact. Not sure how many junior high kids were here but it was at least 1000. We spent the day around campus and then we had a special treat for dinner. Uncle Ken and Aunt Victoria were in Nashville with their girls on their way home from visiting Grandma Dottie in Alabama. So, we had dinner with them plus cousins Alan and Wyndee and Tamyra and Kalyb and Uncle Greg (he is also here for Impact). It was great for us to get away from the cafeteria food and it was also great to see everyone even if it was for such a short time. Jack was VERY entertained by Tamyra and Grace at dinner. I think he was laughing almost the entire time, except of course when he was scarfing down his rice and beans.
Grace, Jack and Tamyra


Grace, Tamyra, Jack, and Kalyb


Amelia missed out on the group shot, so I had to include her sweet picture!

After dinner it was back to Lipscomb for the evening Impact stuff. Jack was in a very giddy mood so he and Chris were having lots of fun together...it was a great ending to a great day! So, happy Father's Day (1 day late)!

No comments: