Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trouble

First of all, here's a brief catch up of the past few weeks. We went on a mission trip to Murphy, NC (home of Grandpa and "GG"). While there, Jack got to see 2 of his cousins, Grace and Amelia. Then, on the way home Jack and I spent a couple of nights in Knoxville before my parents drove us home and now they are here visiting for the week. With all of that said........I have a ton of blogs that I want to do but I thought I would start with this one since it seems like a fun one for me!

This is the story of Jill and Amanda:Childhood friends who were nothing but trouble. Seriously, we would have to be grounded from each other for things we did together! Our parents favorite punishment was not letting us sit together in church. Anyway, as we grew older we kind of grew apart and didn't really see each other very much. However, we have always been connected in weird ways. Both had our gallbladders taken out around the same time, both got married within a week of each other, and both were pregnant at the same time. One difference that I'm not complaining about is that Amanda was pregnant with twins!!!

While we were in Knoxville we thought it would be great to get together at the park to let Kilah, Brodie, and Jack meet. They instantly hit it off and began playing together.
It's almost like they know they are supposed to be trouble makers together and they began plotting how they could make trouble. Fortunately, they didn't get to. They were nothing but great kids playing together and instant friends! I hope that we get together more often whenever we're in town so the kids can play and get to know each other as they grow. It was also such a special treat for me to see Amanda being a mommy! She's such a great mommy and you can really tell that she loves it!!!! I love my friend and I'm glad we've reconnected at such an exciting time of life!

Jack was too exhausted after our play time to really enjoy his ride in Gram's convertible! He better enjoy that pacifier because I really want to take it away soon! Any advice on getting rid of it?

3 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Miss Peggy got a convertible?! Shut up. That's awesome. My mom still rocks the minivan.

Greg said...

If you figure out the paci thing, tell us! Luke still uses his when he's sleeping, and if anything, he's growing MORE attached to it. The doctor said that it's better than thumb-sucking though, which we're worried Luke will do if we take it away (he even puts his thumb up to his mouth at night while he's sucking his paci.) Plus, he has a wart on his thumb, so we doubly don't want him sucking it. So, um, we're going to be keeping the paci for a little while longer:).

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

what a awesome post!!!! i had a blast! the twins loved jack too! and getting to spend time with you was so nice! we will def do it agian soon!