We are so blessed that our church has a preschool! The youngest class is a toddler class for which a kid has to be one and walking to attend. So, starting today Jack is going to be attending preschool 3 days a week when I work. We have absolutely loved having him stay with Ms. Emily but we just can't beat him being in the same place as Chris on a daily basis. I'm very sad in one way that he no longer has the one on one attention but on the other hand....I'm happy that he'll have the interaction with other kids and the experience of the world not completely revolving around him in an amazing Christian environment. Today was Jack's first day, so I asked to come into work a little late so that I could take him. Chris and I dropped him off together. Now, his preschool class is in the same classroom that he has Bible class in at church so it's completely comfortable to him. So, when we got there he just marched right in like he owned the place and immediately started to play with his favorite toys. I handed all his stuff to the teacher and then started to leave. Jack looked at me and I said, "bye Jack." He then proceeded to RUN to me for a big hug. Chris and I both hugged him and walked out of the room. He was crying but stopped rather quickly as soon as he remembered that he LOVES that place. But, truth be told.....it made me feel a little good that he cried for me a little bit!!!!Here are pictures from before we left this morning (Jack LOVES his backpack and wants to take it everywhere now):

Tonight Jack was way more exhausted than usual. We went to a soccer game and he was really grumpy. During the game, I took him over to the nearby playground and played but when it was time to go.........he was a basket case!!! He cried for 10 minutes after we left the playground. It's very uncharacteristic of him but I know he was just worn out. So, now he's in bed and hopefully he'll sleep in tomorrow!!!!!!Oh, and one more note........I was going to take my camera in and take Jack's picture with his new teachers but I knew it would be a crazy morning with all the other kids (being the first morning and all). But, no worries - I will get this picture soon!



4 comments:
Aawwww!! I'm glad that it went well!! He looks like such a big boy with his backpack on...I'm not sure how I feel about that!
oh my goodness- too cute with the backpack!
What a cute little man with his backpack!
Post a Comment