Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Growing Guy

Today I took Jack to the doctor for his 18 month check-up. Here are the results:

height: 33 7/8 inches (90th percentile)
weight: 28 pounds 12 ounces (80th percentile)

It's so crazy to me that he's almost 3 feet tall!!!! It's amazing how fast kids grow up. He's really just starting to be so much fun!!!!! Not that we haven't always had fun with Jack.....but everyday he is just more interactive and more fun (that's the only way I can think to describe it). He tries to say something new everyday and he's really trying to put 2 words together. My favorite thing recently is that he was in the bathtub and just looked at his feet and said in the sweetest southern voice, "toe." Then, he tickled his own toes and then he wanted to touch my toes and then Chris's toes. He's obsessed with toes now!

Tonight about 30 minutes before bath and bed time, he had a really dirty diaper, so we went on and changed him and were just letting him run around with only a diaper on until bathtime. That's when he became very insistent on wearing his shoes! He was wearing his nice brown sandals with nothing but a diaper and running around like a crazy man! It was hilarious.

He loves to play outside! And, he loves anything to do with cars and trains. Right now, he lines up all his toys in a straight line and calls it a train. Actually, it's a "choo choo." At one point the other day I think he had all of his toys in a straight, single file line in my living room. I forgot to take a picture.

Anyway, those are just a few "jack things" from lately. Also, we've been working on getting rid of the pacifier. At first I was just going to take it away cold turkey. But, decided against it. For now, it's only in the crib. And, we've been brave enough to not even take it with us anywhere as an emergency thing. I guess before this point, he was pretty much only having it at nap and bed time but if he saw it or was in the car or stressed out at a restaurant or church or something....he could have it. Well, now it's just not even an option and he's doing very well. After his shot at the doctor today he calmed pretty quickly without it. Then, in the car he pointed to his diaper bag (where I used to keep it when we were out) and I just started laughing and telling him he was too big for the paci. So, he started laughing too and settled for some water.

I guess the next step will be to see if he can go without it for naptime. He starts preschool next week at our church and the teacher said that we should send it but she wouldn't give it to him at naptime unless it was obvious that he needed it. So........we will have the chance to see if he can go to sleep without it!!! Should be fun.....

2 comments:

Greg said...

ooooooh...I love this new blog layout:). I love reading about all that Jack is doing--our boys are at such fun ages! Can't wait to see them together in a month!

Jenna said...

I love that he does these things in bible class too! I added you to my blogroll- hope you don't mind:)