Well, here's a not so happy side of things...Jack has hand, foot, and mouth disease! Sounds bad, huh? Actually, it's pretty common and very contagious among preschool age kids, but it's pretty harmless. Basically, I started noticing little spots on Jack's hands that looked sort of like blisters. At first I just thought he had been bit by something and then I kept seeing more spots. So, I called the doctor (by the way.....Jack can now say "doctor" perfectly and it's really funny coming from him). Our doctor (who I love by the way) found lots of the same little bumps inside Jack's throat. No wonder he's had an aversion to a few foods lately. And, it also explains the small fever he had Wednesday when we got home from church and the extra little grumpiness of the week. All of the above which I had attributed to teething. Oh, poor little guy. He will be good to go again once the spots clear up which today they were already starting to look a little better. But, we were sad to miss out on a birthday party tonight and that Jack will miss out on Bible class in the morning. Hopefully, we'll be back at it soon!!!
But, I learned one lesson.......I can't blame EVERYTHING on teething!
9 years ago



2 comments:
So sorry to here Jack is sick! I love your blog! Again, it is a small world. :)
Poor Jack. HFM is terrible! When I nannied, one of the babies I kept had it really bad. The doctor told us to give her juice pops then food. They numbed her throat enough for her to down dinner. Hope Jack is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment