Last Saturday night on the way home from our thanksgiving journey, we spent the night in Knoxville with my parents. Gram and Grandaddy graciously volunteered to put Jack to bed while Chris and I went to a movie. We went to see Four Christmases which is actually a pretty funny movie. During the movie, it got me thinking about how thankful I am that spending 3 nights with my in-laws was not a miserable experience. It was so much fun!
I'm overflowing with thanks for my husband's wonderful family. I'm thankful that I get along with my sisters-in-law. And, I'm so thankful for these awesome nieces and incredible nephew.
I'm overflowing with thanks for good friends. It's been almost 16 months since we moved from Athens to Indianapolis, but we've managed to maintain relationships with some of my favorite people in the world. We were blessed to visit with so many from our church family in Athens last Tuesday night. Jack got to hang out with his buddy Reed
I'm overflowing with thanks for Jack's grandparents, a.k.a. Gigi and Papa and Gram and Grandaddy. We got to see all of them on this trip and it just fills my heart to watch them interact with Jack and to watch Jack so lovingly interact with each of his grandparents. Here is Jack watching the trains with Papa.
I'm overflowing with thanks that we got to spend good quality family time together in the car on Sunday since traffic was insane. What should have been a 6 hour trip was really a 10 hour trip! But, one great event of the day was when we stopped for dinner, Jack told me he had to go poop on the potty, and guess what? He did! This isn't something we're really working on but I've just been casually mentioning it whenever I get a chance and was completely shocked when he did it! Jack got a big kick out of it and hopefully we're on the road to one day getting rid of diapers!!
I'm overflowing with thanks for my patient who I wrote about a while back who has cancer. She was back in the hospital over the weekend and is going through chemo right now for the cancer that has spread to her lungs. But, she has really improved in her ability to walk and is hopefully returning to school in January pending the successful completion of chemo! She's almost done. I'm still praying that she's going to make it.
I'm overflowing with thanks for some great friends here in Indy who at the last minute came over last night to keep Jack while Chris and I got to go to the Indiana Pacers basketball game for FREE!!! They were playing the Lakers and it was really an incredible game. The Pacers pulled an upset and beat the Lakers by 1 point. Watching Kobe Bryant play in person sitting next to my husband while Jack was well taken car of at home was a great treat!
I'm overflowing with thanks for my incredible husband and son who I cannot say enough good things about!
I'm overflowing with thanks that you have been patient with me in reading this blog despite it's random thoughts. Here's hoping for many overflow moments in the days to come!



4 comments:
thak you for sharing the amazing ways God has been working in your life. I love hearing stories about God's great works. I have been overwhelemed recently as well by God's power to answer prayers far beyond what we expect as well as his provisions for the future that we don't even realize.
a few observations:
--You're always the first to post about our get-togethers. You're just so on top of things:).
--Is that my son in the second picture with Jack? When did he grow up so much?????
--Congrats on Jack pooping in the potty! That is awesome. Luke has pooped in the potty two days in a row now. I (finally) see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm thinking your tunnel might be a little shorter:).
--Luke gave up his paci completely and without a fuss when we got back. Yay!
--I hear you on the Christmas craziness. I thought I was prepared, but it is insane right now.
--I had a great time, too, and like you, am so thankful for our wonderful family. Great post, and great pictures!
Hey Jill! So I just finished decorating my blog all Christmas-y. Then I was reading some blogs and checked yours...and noticed that we have the same background with a black & white photo with red lettering. But I don't think I'm going to redo it so we'll just have twinkie blogs for a few weeks. Haha. Hope ya'll are doing well!
So glad to hear that God is blessing you all so richly! Love your pics, and especially the one of the 3 of you. So sweet!!!!
Post a Comment