Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jack's Party (2 weeks late)

Well, the past several days have been a bit crazy! It all started last Wednesday when Jack and I left for Knoxville to spend some time with my parents. On Thursday morning we went to Master Portrait to have Jack's 2 year old pictures made and let me just tell you......he was a camera ham! It was great! Then, the rest of Thursday was spent shopping for food for Jack's birthday party which we had on Sunday afternoon. On Friday I left Jack in the hands of Gram and Grandaddy while I drove to Gatlinburg to meet up with Chris and our youth group for Winterfest. Jack had a great time with his grandparents being spoiled rotten. My dad is not a huge fan of Mexican food but Friday night they went to a local Mexican restaurant because Jack wanted a quesadilla. And, that's not all.......they got him TWO quesadillas because he finished the first one so quickly. This is also where Jack got his first taste of carbonation in the form of Sprite and in the words of my mom, "he really liked it!" Really? You think? I love you, mom. Then, on Saturday he got to go to Chuck E Cheese for a fun filled time which caused him to take a 3 hour nap! Chris and I had a great time at Winterfest! It was great to be with the teenagers this weekend and be able to participate in the whole weekend while Jack was being well cared for! By Sunday, Chris and I were both anxious to see Jack. We met up with my parents after church for lunch and were joined by Alan, Wyndee, Tamyra, and Kalyb Kirby (Chris's 1st cousin is Alan). After we were there for a few minutes my Nana and Aunt Cheryl showed up followed by my cousin Keith and his wife Jennifer. Why so much family?? Well, we were having Jack's birthday party Sunday afternoon at my parents house! I wanted to have it in Knoxville so that some of our family could come that usually wouldn't be able to make the drive to Indianapolis for a party.

We were not disappointed. We had lots of family show up for the party and it was great to see everyone. Chris and I were so exhausted from our weekend but still managed to enjoy the party. However, my one regret is the small amount of pictures I took. I plan to get some of my mom's pictures later (hint, hint). But, I wanted to leave you with a few to look at.

The party began with the cake! As soon as Jack came downstairs from his nap, he saw the cake and that was what he wanted! So, since it was his party......we started with the cake! He did great blowing out the candles and was not disappointed by the taste. Pictured left to right: Brody (my cousin's little boy), Tamyra, Jack, and Kalyb:
We were happy the Gigi and Papa could join us for the party too! To be fair, I had full intentions to get a picture of Jack with my parents also after the party. However, after the party I started going down hill very fast and today found out I have strep throat.Here is Jack with his buddy, John Matthew. This is Steve and Heather's little boy. Steve and Chris were roommates at Lipscomb.Jack wasn't a big fan of his hat, but I did manage to get a brief pose out of him!As I just mentioned I have strep! Sunday night after everyone left I started feeling bad and by Monday morning I couldn't even sit up and was running a fever with a terrible sore throat. We were supposed to travel to Nashville on Monday but instead decided to try to make it home since I was so sick. My fever broke a little bit Monday morning and I slept most of the way home. This morning I was still feeling just as bad so went to see my doctor and the verdict was strep. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever had strep and it has been very miserable. As I'm sitting here typing this blog, I'm feeling "okay" but this is the first time I've really sat up all day. But, I had a shot and my dr. gave me some medicine to help my throat feel a little numb and that will hopefully help me sleep better tonight. I should be back to normal by Thursday. Please just pray for Chris and Jack that they don't get it from me. It's been so hard to keep my distance from Jack especially after not seeing him all weekend. But, I'm so blessed with a wonderful husband who is the best daddy in the world. My two boys have been having lots of fun today playing with all Jack's new toys.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Your banner is super cute! And I can't wait to see those pictures from Master Portrait:) Hope you're feeling better!

Taiwan Trekking said...

I bet the pics are adorable! I can't wait to see them! I love it that Jack got to enjoy such a special time with his grandparents and that you got to attend Winterfest! I can't wait til Courtney gets to participate in some of those events. Although, honestly, I'm in no hurry for her to become a teen! :'D