9 years ago
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Something I Love
One of my favorite things about having a two year old is that I get to listen to him pray. It always makes me smile to see Jack fold his little hands together and say, "Dear God...." He then proceeds to thank God for everything in site (example from lunch today: thank you for quesadilla, rice, beans, mommy, daddy, Jack, and Toby the train). Well, tonight I had the very special privilege of hearing something new. We were at the church tonight with the teenagers for their small group and during the prayer Jack was busy talking and playing with his trains. I finally looked at him and said, "Shh....Mr. Gary is leading a prayer." He got quiet and then Mr. Gary allowed time in his prayer for everyone to pray silently on their own. That's when I heard Jack say in a very quiet whisper, "Dear God, thank you SOOOOO much." That was it. Such a simple prayer with such huge implications. For the first time in his life, Jack just thanked God for so much. How often do I just thank God for so much? We are so incredibly blessed and I'm so thankful for such a simple reminder tonight. Thank you, God so much...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
How sweet it that? We can learn so much from these little ones...
precious:)
I love it!
Janice
So precious! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how little ones can open our eyes.
Where has your blog been all my life? Well, I've finally found it and won't ever let it go! Thanks, Jill!
(No news yet...)
Post a Comment