Monday, April 13, 2009

The Big Hunt

O-kay, so I must say that blogger is frustrating me tonight. I cannot get any of my pictures to move around where I want them and I can't move my words around on the page either. Agh! So, this is all you're going to get tonight until I can figure out what is causing my problem.

On Saturday, we had our big church Easter Egg Hunt and it was a blast. However, do not let the sunshine in the pictures fool you........it was cold! At least it wasn't snowing/raining like it was last year. The count they gave on Sunday was that we had about 700 people there. I think most of those kids were in Jack's age group for the hunt so he had to be really quick to get eggs but he managed to get plenty of candy! The first picture on this post is of Jack and his new buddy, Caleb. When they saw each other at the hunt, they got so excited and just followed each other around. They now do the same thing on Sundays when they see each other at church. They might be getting each other into big trouble one day! Here they are walking to the playground for the 2 year old and under age group's hunt:
I wish I could have captured the intensity on Jack's face when hunting for eggs but he was too quick for me!
Jack decided that he would sit still to get an Easter egg painted on his face. He only moved a few times and it actually didn't look that bad when it was done. He was very proud of his Easter egg.
Here is Jack playing some random game with Ms. Donna. I don't really know the object of the game but he sure had fun hitting the giant eggs with a stick.
Here he is breaking the rules for the ring toss. He just doesn't have the concept of throwing the ring from far away. Why not just drop it right on the bunny? Makes sense to me.
Hopefully I will be able to post more pictures from our weekend later! I hope that everyone had a Happy Easter! It's always such a joy to celebrate Christ's Resurrection and focus on the awesome fact that Jesus is ALIVE! I'm so thankful to serve a LIVING God. It's the way I make it through each and every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he sat still and had an egg painted on his face. I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that Luke would NEVER do that! And I love his version of Ring the Bunny. Makes sense to me, too, Jack!