On Sunday my precious niece, Addie Grace turned FIVE! I can't believe it. Not to be too cheesy but I still vividly remember being at the hospital the day she was born and holding her for the first time, etc, etc........She is such a light in my life and I love her to death! I'm so thankful that she lives 10 minutes down the road and we get to go to church with them too. Today I got to pick Addie Grace up from preschool and take her out for ice cream - just the 2 of us - no boys allowed (a.k.a. Jack or her little brother Sawyer)!Here is Jack giving Addie Grace a big hug before he realized that he was staying at the church with daddy and not going with Addie Grace and mommy to get ice cream!
Here we are at Baskin Robbins! Addie Grace informed me it was her favorite place and she asked me numerous times if it was my favorite place as a little girl! I had to admit to her that it's still one of my favorite places!!! Addie Grace was Princess Addie Grace for the day and insisted on wearing her special hat on our entire date!!! I love it!!
While eating, I learned numerous "ice cream eating lessons."1. Don't "bite" your ice cream....it's too cold! Just lick it even if it's melting all over the place! Just use lots and lots and lots of napkins! (this is one Addie Grace told me about)
2. Enjoy picking out every single chocolate chip or piece of cookie dough and squeal with delight when you taste that piece of cookie dough!
3. Take your time!
4. Be creative with eating your ice cream: in the following picture Addie Grace told me that the ice cream cone was her chicken mouth.
5. Always pause for silly pictures!
Just so you don't think Addie Grace was the ONLY one being crazy........We had such a great afternoon. Addie Grace is such a joy and we never had one single moment without conversation. I really learned a lot today and I look forward to many more dates! Happy Birthday, Addie Grace!!! I love you!
Now, I just wish the all my other nieces lived close by too!!!!



4 comments:
PRECIOUS! I love the fact that you are close enough to her to be able to do that...and I love all the things you learned. ;) Conversation never has a dull moment at our house these days, either. :)
Addie Grace is lucky to live so close to such a great aunt!
I loved these pictures! Thanks so much for taking her! She had a GREAT time!!!
What a great birthday treat! I'm sure is was a special afternoon for both of you. So sweet!
Post a Comment