I gave myself an expensive gift today of taking the day off work! So, this morning I knew that I was going to get to sleep in and Chris was going to take care of Jack. At about 8:15 they came into the room singing Happy Birthday and those boys had already been to Chick-fil-a to get chicken biscuits (one of my favorites). Chris was going to cook breakfast but with the whole fridge disaster.....it was much easier for him to go to Chick-fil-a! We picnicked on our bed. Please notice that Jack is sitting on a beach towel. He thought this was the best thing ever. He is so giddy in these pictures!

And, no......there are no pictures of me this morning!!!After that, Chris had to go to the office for a little while so he went on and took Jack to preschool so I could have a morning to myself. It was really nice to sit on the couch and drink my coffee and take my sweet time getting ready. Then, I ran a few errands that I needed to do and met Chris at the church for our lunch date. We decided to take advantage of the "already paid for" childcare of preschool and go on our date for lunch. We headed up to Carmel (the opposite side of Indianapolis from where we live) to eat at Red Robin. I love that place and we just don't go there enough since it's so far from us. We walked around the outdoor shopping area there for a little while and then made it back to church to pick Jack up from school.
Then, we came home and got ready for our family night. We drove downtown and did some walking around to just enjoy the city we live in. In the very center of Indiana, there is a huge war monument with a large traffic circle around it known as "Monument Circle." How original, huh? We walked around there and let Jack play on the steps
and I FINALLY got to open my presents from Chris, Jack, and Murphy.
My gift was in several different numbered envelopes. The first one was my card from Murphy. It was some crazy dog card that was very cute. My second one was a very sweet letter from Chris that I'll just leave between the two of us. My third one was a picture of Indianapolis at night and Chris pointing out this hotel
that's right off Monument Circle saying that on June 10 we would be coming downtown to enjoy dinner and a night at that hotel. My fourth envelope was from Jack with money to go buy myself a new pretty dress for that night.
And, last but not least.........tickets to see the Broadway show, Wicked which is going to be in Indianapolis in June! And, they are GREAT seats!!!!!
I'm so excited! Can June 10 get here any faster??? We ate dinner at a sandwich shop and then headed back home after some more walking around. We stopped at one of my favorite dessert restaurants for "cake" and got home well after Jack's bedtime. But, he did great the whole night. This video was probably my favorite moment of the whole night when Jack spontaneously broke into song in the backseat of the car. I love it!!!!



5 comments:
I'm happy that y'all had fun, and even happier that I didn't unknowingly ruin your surprise!! Chris would've killed me! Sweet video of Jack singing!! Happy, Happy Birthday!
Sounds like the whole day was perfect! I'm glad you had a great birthday and you even have a special night to look forward too!
What a great birthday. Jack is adorable. Miss you!
so glad you enjoyed your day!
We have now listened to Jack sing 5 times, and each time, Caleb says "Jack sing 'gin, Mommy? OK!" Great video :)
Post a Comment