This past week we tagged along with the teenagers on the mission trip to Murphy, NC (Chris's hometown). This year two other church groups were joining us one of which happened to be where Uncle Greg is the youth minister so Aunt Kim and cousins Luke and Anna tagged along too! The trip was great and there was a whole lot accomplished in the community but I must say that the highlight of Jack's trip was just being with Luke and Anna. And, of course being at Gigi and Papa's house! However, I must say that Jack did not sleep very well on this trip. I have no clue what was going on but he ended up sleeping WITH me every night. And, when I say that Jack slept with me, I mean all up in my face as close as he could possibly get! Lovely! Gigi said that I should blog about the following story so I don't forget it, so here goes:
I was laying in bed with Jack on our last night in Murphy trying to get him to go to sleep. I was getting so frustrated that he had been laying there for over an hour and was not asleep so I said in a pretty stern voice, "Close your eyes!" Jack looked up at me and very innocently replied, "please...." in the same tone that I use when I'm trying to get him to say please when asking for something. I fought back the laughter and said, "I'm sorry Jack. Please close your eyes and go to sleep." And, 30 seconds later, he was out like a light! Wow!
Besides the lack of sleep the trip was great! It was worth every minute! Of course the only thing Jack and Luke really care about is playing with Papa's steam trains. So, here they are sharing a delightful moment:



4 comments:
HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com
Welcome back Jill! I love the "Please Story!":'D So glad your trips went well! Thanks to you and Chris for all you do!
These pics are so cute! We had such a great time with you all last week, and I know all the cousins loved it. Hope Jack's sleeping is back to normal!
Post a Comment