When we woke up this morning we originally thought we might go do something fun in our great city. There were lots of labor day festivities going on, but we decided to just "be lazy" and stay home. This is the first Saturday that I can remember in a long time where we were all 3 home together for the entire day. And, I loved every minute of it!!! It seems that we haven't had much family time lately so today was just so nice. It makes me look even more forward to our vacation that is now slightly less than 2 weeks away! Wahoo!!!!!!!
We intended to be lazy but we really weren't. We took a long walk this morning to the church playground right in front of our neighborhood which just happens to be a pretty incredible playground. We practically had the place to ourselves so we stayed for quite a while. Once home, I did some touch up paint work in Jack's bedroom while Chris and Jack played trains. After lunch, Jack took his nap and I did some cleaning while Chris ran to the store for a few things. After nap time, the 3 of us washed both our cars and gave Murphy a much-needed bath! Here's our sweet Murphy! He did much better with bathtime today than he has done in the past! I can't believe Murphy is turning 5 this month!

Jack was pretty helpful with the whole car washing thing. He LOVED playing in the soapy water and enjoyed running away from the hose! You couldn't tell that he ran away from the water because he was soaked! But, he had a blast!



After our car and dog washing time, Jack's buddy came over while his parents went out to celebrate their anniversary! Joshua and Jack played non-stop all night long. They mostly chased each other around in circles. It was so much fun having 2 boys running around! But, it did keep us on our toes a little bit! Here is the band they formed. Jack on the drums and Joshua playing the African moroccas....

Here is Jack giving Joshua "the look" that says, wait a second.........I want those!

And, we have success! Jack became a one man band!

And, just so you don't think my crazy child took those from Joshua...........Joshua decided to go play with something else but as soon as he put the moroccas down Jack was very happy to snatch them up!
Here are the big buds at the end of the night when they were so exhausted. I turned on Mickey Mouse for them to watch until Joshua's parents arrived!

Great day! Love days like this to just enjoy my family and my life!
2 comments:
Sweet. I'm so glad you all had some time together as a family. That's getting pretty rare around here as well. How much longer will Joshua be living in Indy?
Miss you!
What fun! You're training Jack early for the teen car washes!:'D
What a beautiful long weekend we were blessed with! Loved your pics!
Post a Comment