Monday, September 28, 2009

We're Back!!!!

We're finally settling back down after our vacation! We spent one week and one day on the road staying in 5 different locations along the way just to get home late Friday night and have company arrive for the whole weekend! Chris's older brother and his family are actually still here today and leaving tomorrow morning. I'm typing this as the kids are all having rest time!

So, just to warn you............I have a TON of pictures from our trip. I'm going to definitely make this a multi-post series. The first day of our trip we drove to AL to visit our friends from when we lived there. I only had a few pictures from there but none too exciting! However, our time in AL was very fun and we very much enjoyed time with friends. Friday morning we got up and headed to Chattanooga, TN because I was in my cousin's wedding there!

Here is my beautiful cousin Katie and her new husband, Nick! They are such a wonderful couple and can I just say it's about time they got married!!! I'm so happy for them!I was so busy the whole weekend with wedding stuff, but Jack was able to have lots of fun at my Aunt and Uncle's house playing with his 2nd cousin Brody! My mom and Aunt Carol took Brody and Jack to visit my grandmother at her assisted living place and then to Chick-fil-a and I think that my mom and aunt were the ones who were worn out! When these 2 get together they really are crazy!!!! But, they sure do love each other! It was so sweet to watch them together.Jack is crazy in love with his Gram. She's the best!Here we are after the wedding. I hadn't seen Jack all day and it was so good to hold my baby again!!! At the reception Jack kept saying that he wanted to dance with me. So, I got out on the dance floor with him and then he saw this other little girl dancing with her mom. He said he wanted to dance with her, so I told him he had to go ask her. And, guess what?? He did! It was hilarious. At first the little girl was timid but they eventually had a good time dancing away! I had some video but it was too dark to post.
Sunday morning we left Chattanooga and made the long trek to Summerville, SC (just outside of Charleston) to visit Uncle Greg, Aunt Kim, Luke, and Anna. That will be my next post whenever I find a minute to get back to the computer.....

2 comments:

Taiwan Trekking said...

So glad you had such an enjoyable vacation! We're glad you're back!

Unknown said...

Great to hear frpm you guys! Keep the pictures coming!