If you don't remember or know what my Project LIFE is, click
here.
This week is probably truly just a "life as it happens" week in pictures.
Sunday Jan 17
Today after church we went to eat at El Meson (one of our favorite Mexican restaurants) and then Jack got a sucker after lunch. It was his sucker that I stuck in my purse for during church but for some reason he didn't eat it then. So, this was the result when we got home:

Tuesday Jan 19
Today our friends came over to play and eat lunch! Jack, Caleb, and Joshua had a blast together as always. They pretty much only played with trains and shared pretty well today. Jack is starting to get to the point where he doesn't like other kids messing up his trains.....but he was pretty nice about it today.

After lunch Jack insisted on watching the new Chuggington show with Caleb in his "dinosaur nest." Don't ask! For some reason my bed was turned into a dinosaur nest today! And, my pillows were eggs. Go figure.....at least Jack has a good imagination!

Wed Jan 20
Today was pajama day at school!!! Jack was very excited to wear his Mickey Mouse Christmas Pajamas (hey....it hasn't even been a whole month since Christmas). It was nice not to have to get him dressed this morning either.....it saved some time!

Friday Jan 22
Tonight Chris had a lock-in with the teenagers. Grant came over to our house a little early for Chris to give him a ride to the church. Grant and Jack enjoyed playing trains together. I am happy that Jack gets to be around such great guys in his life. Grant likes hanging out with Jack and the feelings are mutual from Jack to Grant.

This week was week 1 of our experiment with only driving 1 car. Last week Chris's car wouldn't start so he had to drive me to work so that he would have a car during the day. And, we determined it wasn't so bad. Chris's brother, Ken and his family only have one car. It's something we have talked about before but always brushed off. We don't think we can realistically pull it off long term with our youth ministry life style and lack of good public transportation in Indy.........but it's been fun to try it! We still have 1 week left and I must say that I am the biggest beneficiary in the whole thing because I get dropped off at the door of the hospital and get to skip my 10 minute walk in the cold!

This is perhaps the most random picture from the week......Chris told me the neighbors would laugh at me when I walked out to get the mail like this. Really? Yeah, I guess so. Thankfully none of the neighbors were out! I had just finished my work out (hence the capri work out pants) and put on the only pair of shoes that were downstairs. Too bad they were Chris's brown shoes. But, this picture also reminds me of my biggest struggle this week.....shin splints! Agh! My shins are KILLING me. I've been running more lately but have since had to start alternating that with swimming because of the increased pain in my shins. It's pretty miserable and I've had to ice my legs every night. But, I will get through this! I'm not going to let it stop me from getting in better shape.
2 comments:
I really love the project life idea! It's so fun to hear all of the random happenings from your week. I'm especially anxious to hear your stories after you get back from Africa! I'm sure Jack and Grandma & Grandpa will have some fun things to share too!
Hi, Jill, it's been awhile since I've caught your blog. You've got some really exciting "projects" going on, what with trying out life with one car, working out, going to Africa...ever think about sleep? JK--keep up all the great work!
Kenneth.
Post a Comment