I absolutely LOVE Spring time!!!! I especially love it more now that we live in Indiana where it's really cold during winter time! So, as soon as the weather is nice.....I'm totally ready to be outside all the time. This was a great week! And seriously....it was a week of picnics!
Sunday April 11
Tonight during our Sunday night with the teens we decided to take advantage of our church's new picnic shelter and have SNL outside. We had a delicious picnic with chicken, baked beans, mac and cheese, and of course dessert! The teens played kickball while Jack and I played on the big church playground. My favorite moment of the night was during the devo time when Jack decided he was big enough to sit with the boys. He really looks up to these guys and I'm really proud of the way the teens allow him to hang out with them. Just so you are not deceived....this only lasted about 5 minutes!
My work schedule has changed temporarily. I used to work Mon, Wed, and Fri. Now I'm working for a 1/2 day on Wed. and then full days on Thurs and Fri. So, I have Mondays off! And, I am really happy about that! Today we decided to go for a walk to our neighborhood playground and take a picnic lunch. I loved this little "date" with my little man. And, it really wore him out for a great nap!!!
My friend, Melody's husband is the director of a local nursing home. So, today we took the little boys to the nursing home to deliver flowers to the residents. This was such a fun event. It took Jack a few minutes to warm up to just walking up to the residents to give them flowers but once he got the hang of it....he did great. He and Caleb really stuck close together.
Chris and the teenagers were on a retreat this weekend. Jack and I enjoyed some great time together at home but headed out to the retreat site for Saturday afternoon and evening. Jack is starting to have some "little crushes" on a few of the girls in the youth group. He is very into following them around and doing exactly what they are doing. Thankfully, they don't seem to mind :-) The theme of the weekend was Transformed and the teens all had to make something out of clay that they hardened in the oven. Jack wanted to make something too. He had fun doing this because in his words, "this is better than play-doh, mommy!"



1 comment:
Cool kid. Enjoy your movies date.
Post a Comment