Friday, July 16, 2010

Project LIFE Week 27

Last week was pretty eventful and was probably a low point of the summer for me. Don't get me wrong....it was fun.....but it was exhausting and almost all of the exhaustion can be attributed to our crazy youth ministry summer lifestyle (well, and being pregnant during it all). By Saturday night, I was just about the pull my hair out, but I survived and am now starting to feel a little bit more together just in time to get ready to leave again in a few days.

On Sunday the 4th, Chris left for camp. Jack and I stayed home until Wed. when we joined him at camp. During our time at home, we had a movie night and played with friends. We missed Chris like crazy, but I really enjoyed my time with just Jack. This was the first trip that Chris has been gone on where Jack seriously asked about his daddy every 5 minutes. I think Jack was really missing Chris this time around.

So, he was very happy on Wed. when we arrived at camp. He was also happy that he got there in time to join the boys on the giant water slide.For reasons that I do not know and cannot explain, Jack has decided to go on strike from the big swimming pool for the summer. He had the opportunity to go swimming at camp in a big pool but totally refused. But, he was very happy that this pool was available!!! And, yes....that water toy is a vase from the nurses cabin at camp. You have to make do with what you've got, right?It's so amazing to me what a difference a year makes. Jack was a lot more independent at camp this year and I felt more comfortable letting him get away from me a little bit more (even though I could always see him). Jack's favorite thing to do was go to the playground without mommy.....with his new buddy Kent. These 2 really hit if off this week.Oh, and the reason the picture is so blurry is because of the humidity in the air.....I couldn't keep my camera lens from fogging up.

This was perhaps one of the funniest moments at camp....Mr. Sean is a superb magician and ventriloquist. He had this mask which he was able to control with a string and it was hilarious to hear him "talk" for "Chrissy." Chris was such a good sport and really did great when he had to sing "I'm a little teapot."

We got home from camp on Friday afternoon and almost immediately had visitors for the weekend. 2 guys from our old youth group in AL came to see us and then the next day a whole group of the kids from Athens showed up in Indy. They were on their "mystery trip" for the summer and it was to see us. So, we had a "stay-cation" with our teens in Indy last weekend alongside the Athens teens. On Saturday after seeing Despicable Me in 3D and going to dinner, we headed to Rascals (they have go carts, miniature bowling, and putt putt). Jack had a blast with bowling that was just his size. And, this is the honest truth......when we were playing putt-putt......Jack got TWO holes in one! We were shocked and so proud. He was very humble about the whole thing :-) He has quite a good golf swing that is left-handed. I think we need to get his Grandaddy to teach him how to play golf!!!Last but not least.....Jack convinced Chris to let him ride as his passenger on the go-karts and THAT was the highlight of the night for little Jack.

No comments: