9 years ago
Friday, July 23, 2010
Project LIFE Week 28
We spent most of this week "recovering" as a family before heading into the next week's mission trip (which is what we're up to right now). Anyway...on Wednesday afternoon we got together with our friend Carrie and her kids. John and Carrie were friends of ours when Chris lived in KY while we were dating and engaged. They were in Indy for the week because John had a class to take. So, we took Carrie to the zoo and then all of us met John for dinner at El Sol. It was a fun afternoon. It was great to catch up with John and Carrie and meet their kids. Jack had a blast playing with their 2 older kids and adoring their new 3 month old baby. Jack also enjoyed showing off his zoo. We headed to the butterfly exhibit (which is temporary) and Jack was totally convinced he could get one to land on his finger.
It never happened. Poor kid. But, we did see a lot of beautiful butterflies. I was quite impressed that Jack knew the name of the blue morpho butterfly specifically - guess he watches too much Diego!!! These 3 kids had a blast trying to convince the butterflies to come to them. It was pretty funny to watch.
Now, I don't think this series of pictures really needs an explanation:



I found a new nap mat for Jack for preschool this next year. The one he has had for the last 2 years is pretty worn out. And, I got a GREAT deal on this one......having the trains was a big plus for Jack. He likes it so much that he wants to take his naps on it at home. I don't know if he'll let me send it to preschool. But, he did take a great nap on the thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment