This past week was great! I don't have a ton of pictures that I took (see post below about pictures from Jack). But, Jack had a monumental first experience this week - FISHING!
On Sunday we left Murphy and Jack and I headed to Knoxville while Chris and the rest of the mission team headed home to Indy. I was so excited to spend a few relaxing days with my parents and with my best friend, Emily!! Emily and her husband Peter live in Australia where Emily is doing amazing things for the Lord. I'm so proud of her but I miss her terribly. I love it when she is home!
But, then Bill took it one step further when he allowed Jack to fish for his very first time!!!
On Monday we had some good time with Gram and then with my cousin, Keith and his family that night. Jack had a blast playing with his baby cousin, Sarah. After they left he told me it wouldn't be bad if our baby was a girl. (up to this point he has asked for a baby brother but always refers to the baby as a she) We will find out soon what we're having and all shall be known. Then, he'll have about 20 weeks to get used to the idea of whatever we're having.
Tuesday morning Emily and I met for breakfast and got to spend some great time catching up on each others lives. I love having a friend who you can go a whole year without seeing and then just pick up right where you left off! Then, we met Emily's mom and Peter and my mom and Jack to see Toy Story 3! It was my first time to see it but not Jack's. I must say that I joined most of the rest of world and bawled like a baby. I thought the movie was very well done!
Tuesday evening more friends came over for dinner, Chris and Regena. Regena was my roommate for a year and Chris and I grew up together in the youth group. It had been way too long since I saw them. That was some great time!!!
Wednesday it was time to drive home :-(
And, the rest of the week has just been trying to get back to normal. I think we're home for a while now.....whew!



No comments:
Post a Comment