Sunday, September 05, 2010

Project LIFE Week 35

I don't have a lot of pictures from this week. I just kept not having my camera in the right place at the right time. Oh well!!! Sunday afternoon Jack and I attended a girl's swim party with the girls in the youth group and had a blast. The party was from 2-5 and I'm pretty sure Jack was in the pool from 2:30 (after getting a tour of Ms. Lou's ENTIRE house that he requested) until 5:00. He couldn't even be enticed out with food. It was hilarious especially since he has been a little bit timid around water this summer. This is great timing since we'll be going to the beach next week for vacation. But, it also stinks because summer is practically over!!! Maybe we'll do fall swim lessons at an indoor pool if he keeps begging to go the pool every day after we get home from vacation. I have more cute pictures from the party but don't feel like it's my place to post pictures of teen girls in their bathing suits on my blog :-)

The rest of the week pretty much came and went by pretty fast. I worked on Saturday and right when I got home we had 2 extra kids for the evening. Our friends were celebrating their 10th anniversary so we kept their boys for the evening. Wow.......Chris and I had our hands full! We had an 11 month old, a 2 year old, and a 3 year old to entertain and feed dinner. THANKFULLY, these boys all play really well together. Jack and Joshua did a great job of sharing toys with Nathan or at least always giving him something else to play with when he wanted in on their action. Trains are always a hit with these boys.Dinner time was not very relaxing to tell you the truth. I think Chris and I tried to have the same conversation 3 times and never finished it....ha! All the boys did get a meal and were very happy in the end.....just in time to all 3 have bathroom needs at the same time! I think from the time Chris started cooking until the time the kitchen was actually clean was 2 hours.

We managed to take everyone outside for a while but for the most part we stayed in the playroom where we could keep Nathan away from the stairs (that is most definitely his favorite thing and we do not currently have our baby gates up). This room was a disaster area!I'm so proud of the way Jack shared his toys and played with his friends, but I must say....in the end he was ready to have the rule of the roost again and spend some cuddle time with just his mommy before bed!Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend!

No comments: